Chipotle Shrimp Tacos – An easy shrimp taco recipe with spiced shrimp, a cool lime coleslaw, and topped with creamy chipotle sauce. Packed with so much flavor and ready in minutes, so it is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
My family loves Mexican food and seafood. My guys would eat shrimp, fish, crab, scallops and anything else every day if they could. So shrimp tacos are pretty high up on their list of dinner requests. Whenever shrimp is on sale at the grocery store, I stock up so it is in my freezer all the time.
The first shrimp tacos that I made were Baja Shrimp Tacos and they quickly became a staple, but sometimes you just want to mix things up. Smokey chipotle powder and chipotle in adobe gives these shrimp so much flavor. The sauce is great to have on hand for just about anything. Use it as a spread to put on sandwiches or burgers, even dip chips or fries in it. It is creamy, smokey perfection!
I used the same slaw that I put on my Pork Tacos. It is is cool and creamy with a little lime juice and cilantro. Super simple to make with just a couple ingredients. It pairs really well with the smokey chipotle sauce. Because lets face it shrimp tacos with slaw is the perfect pairing of juicy shrimp and crisp coleslaw.
I love this easy shrimp taco recipe because it is just a few spices that are tossed with shrimp and then sauteed until they are cooked. It takes less than 10 minutes to get them ready. You can make the sauce the day before and throw together the coleslaw while the shrimp are cooking. It is a dinner you can get on the table in about 20 minutes. Use your favorite corn or flour tortillas and serve with slices of avocado.
What to Serve with Shrimp Tacos
How to Make Shrimp Tacos
- Toss thawed shrimp with oil and spices. Remove the tails to make them easier to eat in the tacos.
- To make the sauce you want to make sure the chipotle pepper is very finely chopped. Then just mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. You can cover and store in the fridge up to 2 days ahead.
- To make the Mexican coleslaw mix together all of the ingredients until it is well blended and creamy. Just store in the fridge until you are ready to use. Can make this the day ahead.
- The shrimp cooks in about 5-7 minutes in a hot skillet. Saute for about 3 minutes and then flip. Once the shrimp are pink and opaque they are cooked. Serve everything on flour or corn tortillas.
Tacos are such an easy dinner to make on busy weeknights, or when you want something different. Using shrimp mixes up taco night and even makes them healthier. So stock up next time it is on sale and you can make these any night of the week. You can thaw shrimp under cold water in just minutes, so it is even great for last minute dinners when you don’t have anything planned.
More Great Shrimp Recipes
- Shrimp & Avocado Tostadas
- One Pan Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Easy Shrimp & Grits
- Shrimp Cakes
- Speedy Shrimp Pasta
- Crispy Baked Shrimp
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled deveined and tails removed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/3 cup mayo or sour cream
- 1/2 chipotle in adobo pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
To Make Shrimp
- In a bowl toss shrimp with oil and the spices.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until the shrimp is pink and opaque.
To Make Mexican Coleslaw
- In a bowl mix together mayo, lime juice, salt, and cilantro until well blended. Add coleslaw mix and toss until well coated. Set in fridge until ready to use.
To Make Chipotle Cream Sauce
- In a bowl mix together mayo with chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and lime juice until well blended. Set in fridge until ready to use.
To Assemble Tacos
- Fill warm tortillas with coleslaw, shrimp, and sliced avocado. Drizzle with chipotle sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories 561Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 174mgSodium 1232mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 7gSugar 14gProtein 24g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!