Speedy Shrimp Pasta – Plump and juicy shrimp sauteed in olive oil, garlic, and onions. Tossed with pasta for a quick and easy dinner.
Everyone is busy on weeknights, right? School, work, kids, homework, sports, practice etc. We all need a few go to recipes to get dinner on the table quickly, and that the whole family will enjoy. For me chicken and shrimp are two proteins that 9 times out of 10 everyone will eat. Italian Stuffed Chicken is a go to chicken recipe that is super easy and ready in minutes.
It amazes me how quickly my son will eat shrimp, he can’t get enough! Shrimp has next to no calories, and is really good for you. So I know I am serving my family something that is good for them. Shrimp Cakes is one of our favorite ways to eat shrimp.
This speedy shrimp pasta comes together very quickly. You can have it on the table in 20 minutes or less. While the water is boiling and the pasta is cooking, you just throw together the shrimp. Shrimp cooks in just over 5 minutes, so there is no waiting around.
People rely on take out many nights of week. But sometimes a home cooked meal is just as fast. Mongolian Beef can be ready in about 15 minutes. This shrimp pasta is ready in minutes. Or even Garlic Beef Noodle Bowls is on the table in less than 20 minutes.
You can adjust the heat level for your family, but adding more crushed red pepper. My 7 year old doesn’t like any heat, so I went super mild. If it was just me and my husband, I would have doubled the red pepper. I also use a whole grain pasta with added fiber, so I feel better about us eating pasta more often.
So the next time you are busy and thinking of picking up pizza, think again. Speedy Shrimp Pasta is so much healthier and just as quick!
- 12 oz thin spaghetti
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, , thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, , grated
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 oz large shrimp, , peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, , chopped
- 2 scallions, , finely chopped
- 2 Tbls fresh lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper, and saute until the onions are soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp, and cook until the shrimp are pink, about 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in sun-dried tomatoes and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss together with cooked pasta.
- Serve immediately.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil if desired.
- Store any leftovers in an air tight container for up to 3 days
Adapted from The Weekend Gourmet
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 381Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 179mgSodium 888mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 3gSugar 7gProtein 26g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.