Chicken Pot Pie Noodles – a fun twist on classic chicken pot pie using noodles! Comes together in minutes so it is perfect for quick weeknight meals.
I will admit, I am not sure that my mom ever made chicken pot pie when I was growing up. Peas were one of the foods that I absolutely despised and was allowed to not eat. And my dad hated anything that was even close to a soup or stew. Apparently pot pie was close enough, that it was never on the menu.
If you have looked at any of my Dinner Recipes in the past, you know that I am a huge fan of pasta. I could eat it in about any form, any day of the week! So making chicken pot pie using egg noodles and not turning it into a pie is exactly what comfort food is to me.
This noodle version still has the classic creamy sauce with chicken, peas and carrots. Just instead of a crust topping you are mixing it all with egg noodles. But because I can’t get enough carbs, I am serving with buttery and flaky Easy Biscuits on the side. So you kind of get the crust and the noodles in one.
Tips for Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
- This is a great use for leftover chicken or even rotisserie chicken. I like to get a rotisserie chicken from the store so I always have cooked chicken on hand. Cut off all the meat and store 2 cups in a freezer safe bag, and then use in soups or anything else that calls for about 1 pound of cooked chicken.
- Frozen veggies are a great short cut. Most chicken pot pie recipes call for carrots, celery and onion to be sauteed and then peas are added towards the end. I like to buy a package of frozen peas and carrots and then just use that in this recipe. It makes for less chopping and it is quicker to make on busy weeknights.
- For a rich and creamy sauce heavy cream is the best choice. But if you want to lighten it up a bit half and half works really well. You could use whole milk as well if you have it. The sauce will just be a little thinner.
- I take a shortcut and use ranch dressing mix for my seasoning. It has most of the spices that are usually in chicken pot pie, it is just quicker and less work to measure 1 thing instead of 4-5 other spices. Plus is just gives it that something extra and makes it anything but boring!
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
- Noodles – I like to use wide egg noodles and just cook them according to the package directions.
- Vegetables – Onions, garlic, peas and carrots are all cooked in melted butter until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Sauce – Once the veggies are cooked mix in flour until it is all mixed in and there isn’t any white left. Then slowly mix in the chicken broth and heavy cream. This simmers for a few minutes to create a thick and delicious sauce.
- Assemble – The noodles and cooked chicken all get mixed in with the cream sauce. Everything gets tossed together until the noodles are coated and soaking up all that sauce. Then it is ready to serve!
These chicken pot pie noodles are going to be a hit with your family. It is super easy to make with lots of ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Plus it is ready in about 20 minutes, so you can make it even on your super busy nights! Trust me, even you picky eaters are going to be going back for seconds.
What to serve with Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
Looking for More Chicken Recipes
- Honey Dijon Chicken
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Creamy Chicken and Rice
- Monterey Chicken
- Southwest Baked Chicken
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz bag frozen peas and carrots
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook egg noodles according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic, peas and carrots. Saute for 4-5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Mix in flour until it is no longer white.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, and ranch dressing mix. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir in cooked chicken and cooked noodles. Let cook until everything is warm. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Amount Per ServingCalories 383Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 118mgSodium 538mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 18g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!