Baked Chicken Parmesan with Roasted Broccoli – a healthier version of chicken Parmesan all made on one baking sheet! Super easy, quick and definitely family friendly.
The new year is here and everyone is trying to eat healthier and stick to their resolutions. Did you make resolutions this year? I am not good at making resolutions, I am just always saying I need to get back on track. I am really good with working out every day, but the eating is hard. Especially when my job is to come up with new recipes.
This Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe was sent to me by a neighbor. Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite things. I have made a one pan chicken Parmesan pasta skillet before. It uses ground chicken and is all cooked in one pan. I have also made chicken Parmesan paninis, which are a fun way to get all the flavors in a different way.
After my friend sent me this recipe, I swore I had seen it before. After quite a bit of searching I found that my friend Rachel, from Rachel Cook’s had made this Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe before. I had to make the recipe and photograph it for our neighborhood magazine, so I figured even though the recipe is online I will share it with you anyway. Because we LOVE it!!
I did made a couple tiny changes now that I have made the recipe a couple times. You could do any veggie you like with the chicken. If you family likes cauliflower or zucchini or even Brussels sprouts, use those. Do a mix! Whatever it takes to get veggies in your family, you do. My personal favorite is when I use asparagus.
You know that I am all about one pot dinners, so if I can put everything on one baking tray and have dinner done, I am happy. The chicken still gets crispy like you think of chicken Parmesan, but it isn’t deep fried, so it is so much better for you. You still get cheese too! Just a little bit smaller portions, so you can eat it more often.
Get your family excited about having chicken for dinner and make them this one pan Baked Chicken Parmesan with roasted broccoli. Even your pickiest eater will be happy with this meal.
Want more? Check out all of the other One Pan Dinner Recipes here and here are some more you might like:
Sheet Pan Chicken with Roasted Potatoes
Cheesy Skillet Chili Mac
Weeknight Cheesy Chicken and Rice by Picky Palate
Cheeseburger Gnocchi by Kevin & Amanda
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , punded to 1/2 inch thick
- 2/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss broccoli, olive oil, salt and pepper together and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Set up 3 shallow bowls. Fill 1 bowl with flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Beat and egg in the 2nd bowl. The the 3rd bowl mix together panko, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and Italian seasoning.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in flour, pass through the egg, and coat well with the panko mixture.
- Place on the baking sheet with the broccoli.
- Bake for 15 minutes, mix the broccoli around and bake for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and top each piece of chicken with marinara sauce and cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.