Baked Chicken Parmesan with Roasted Broccoli – a healthier version of chicken Parmesan all made on one baking sheet! Super easy, quick and definitely family friendly.
When I was a kid every time we went out for Italian food I would order Chicken Parmesan. I requested it for my birthday every year, it was pretty much my favorite thing! So much so that this Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet is still a favorite of mine. All the flavors in an one pan dinner!
You can even turn it into a sandwich with this Chicken Parmesan Panini. I am all about taking my favorite flavors and getting to enjoy them in new ways. And if they can be made a little bit healthier like this Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe then I am even happier.
A friend sent me this recipe a couple years ago, and it has quickly become a favorite. I did made a couple tiny changes now that I have made the recipe a couple times. You could do any veggie you like with the chicken. If your family likes cauliflower or zucchini or even Brussels sprouts, use those. Do a mix! Whatever it takes to get veggies in your family, you do. My personal favorite is when I use asparagus. This Baked Cod Recipe looks like another healthy and easy dinner.
What to serve with Chicken Parmesan
This recipe has broccoli included, but you could definitely follow the recipe and just not make that part if you don’t like it. Traditionally it is served with pasta when you order it at a restaurant. Cheesy garlic bread is great too! But if you are trying to make it a healthier meal roasted veggies or a side salad are a great idea.
How to make Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Set up a breading station. You will want 3 shallow bowls; 1 for flour, 1 for egg, and 1 for breadcrumbs.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour and gently shake off the excess. Then pass the chicken through the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs
- After the chicken is nicely coated place on a baking sheet. And bake until nicely and crisp! Make sure to bake chicken Parmesan uncovered, so that it gets nice and crispy.
How Long to Bake Chicken Parmesan
This depends a little on the temperature you are baking at as well as how thick your chicken is. I like to bake at 425 degrees, so you can get it crispy on the outside. If you get your chicken about 1/2 inch thick it will take about 30 minutes total to get the chicken fully cooked. You can also buy chicken cutlets that are slightly thinner and those would cook in 20-25 minutes. You want the chicken fully cooked, but not over done or it will be dry and tough.
You know that I am all about one pot dinners, so if I can put everything on one baking tray and have dinner done, I am happy. The chicken still gets crispy like you think of chicken Parmesan, but it isn’t deep fried, so it is so much better for you. You still get cheese too! Just a little bit smaller portions, so you can eat it more often.
Get your family excited about having chicken for dinner and make them this oven Baked Chicken Parmesan with roasted broccoli. Even your pickiest eater will be happy with this meal. Sheet pan meals like this are are great for busy weeknights. This Sheet Pan Chicken is another great dinner that has everything you need all on one pan.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, , punded to 1/2 inch thick
- 2/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss broccoli, olive oil, salt and pepper together and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Set up 3 shallow bowls. Fill 1 bowl with flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Beat and egg in the 2nd bowl. The the 3rd bowl mix together panko, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and Italian seasoning.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in flour, pass through the egg, and coat well with the panko mixture.
- Place on the baking sheet with the broccoli.
- Bake for 15 minutes, mix the broccoli around and bake for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and top each piece of chicken with marinara sauce and cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 655Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 262mgSodium 1231mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 83g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.