Baked Chicken Parmesan with Roasted Broccoli – a healthier version of chicken Parmesan all made on one baking sheet! Super easy, quick and definitely family friendly.
When I was a kid every time we went out for Italian food I would order Chicken Parmesan. I requested it for my birthday every year, it was pretty much my favorite thing! So much so that this Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet is still a favorite of mine. All the flavors in an one pan dinner!
You can even turn it into a sandwich with this Chicken Parmesan Panini. I am all about taking my favorite flavors and getting to enjoy them in new ways. And if they can be made a little bit healthier like this Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe then I am even happier.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Get all the taste of a classic Italian dish, but in a lighter and healthier way.
- A complete meal all on the same tray! Great way to get your kids to eat their vegetables.
- You can mix up the vegetable and use something other than broccoli if you want!
- Quick and easy recipe that you can make any night of the week.
What You’ll Need
- All-Purpose Flour
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Dried Oregano
- Italian Seasoning
- Chicken Breasts
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
What to serve with Chicken Parmesan
This recipe has broccoli included, but you could definitely follow the recipe and just not make that part if you don’t like it. Traditionally it is served with pasta when you order it at a restaurant.
- Cheesy Garlic Bread is a great side everyone loves
- Roasted Asparagus – the cook time will be a little less than broccoli, cook for about 25 minutes total.
- Tossed Salad
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
How to make Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Set up a breading station. You will want 3 shallow bowls; 1 for flour, 1 for egg, and 1 for breadcrumbs.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour and gently shake off the excess. Then pass the chicken through the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs
- After the chicken is nicely coated place on a baking sheet. And bake until nicely and crisp! Make sure to bake chicken Parmesan uncovered, so that it gets nice and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and top with some sauce and Mozzarella cheese. Put it back in the oven for a few minutes for the cheese to melt.
How Long to Bake Chicken Parmesan
This depends a little on the temperature you are baking at as well as how thick your chicken is. I like to bake at 425º F, so you can get it crispy on the outside. If you get your chicken about 1/2 inch thick it will take about 30 minutes total to get the chicken fully cooked. You can also buy chicken cutlets that are slightly thinner and those would cook in 20-25 minutes. You want the chicken fully cooked, but not over done or it will be dry and tough. The best way to know when chicken is done is to take the temperature. It should be 165º F when it is completely cooked.
Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days. When you reheat it will not be as crispy as it was the first time, but it will still make for a great lunch later in the week.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Marry Me Chicken
- Crockpot Fiesta Chicken
- Bourbon Chicken
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Fiesta Lime Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken & Gravy
Baked Chicken Parmesan
Baked Chicken Parmesan with Roasted Broccoli - a healthier version of chicken Parmesan all made on one baking sheet! Super easy, quick and definitely family friendly.
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 whole large egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thick
- 2/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Toss broccoli, olive oil, salt and pepper together and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Set up 3 shallow bowls. Fill 1 bowl with flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Beat the egg in the 2nd bowl. In the 3rd bowl mix together panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and Italian seasoning.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in flour, pass through the egg, and coat well with the panko mixture.
- Place on the baking sheet with the broccoli.
- Bake for 15 minutes, mix the broccoli around and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each piece of chicken with marinara sauce and cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 655Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 262mgSodium 1231mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 83g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Check out all of my E-books as well as branded merchandise HERE! Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
- Chicken Taco Soup - March 17, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Dorothy Reinhold says
I love these one pan meals! Can’t wait to try different veggies. This looks so tasty.
I can’t wait to make this baked chicken parm! It looks perfect!
I had this for dinner tonight and it was absolutely amazing, so flavorful and delicious! Definitely making this again.
My favorite chicken dish, it looks delicious and attractive thank you for sharing the recipe
Chrissie Baker says
This looks very good. Will make tonight or tomorrow.. Looks yummy. thank you..
Katerina @ diethood .com says
My family would really LOVE this!! It looks and sounds incredibly delicious!!
Beth Pierce says
This is one of my favorite meals to make for my family; this will be perfect for dinner tonight!
Chicken Parm is always a favorite. Looks delish.
Everything about this was so good! Loved the flavor and the added broccoli!