Are you a big fan of Italian food? I think I saw a study recently that said Italian food (pizza, pasta, etc) is the most cooked cuisine in American households. So chances are you answered yes, to the first question. Good news, I have a fun recipe for you today. Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian meal, this is a fun twist on a tradition.
Today I teamed up with Ragú to use Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce in a fun and new way. My challenge was to put a “New Tra-Dish” on Chicken Parmesan. Paninis were the first thing to come to mind. Who doesn’t love a crispy, gooey, cheese-y sandwich? And if you can have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes, that is even better. To make this panini, you quickly bread chicken cutlets and saute them in a little olive oil. Place them on some good quality bread, with fresh Mozarella cheese, and the sauce. Toast, and you have a quick and easy sandwich that is great for lunch or dinner.
Each jar of Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce is made with 11 juicy tomatoes. So you know that it is rick, thick, and has great authentic taste you will love. There are so many great recipe ideas, so head over and figure out what you are going to make for dinner. Make sure you enter the Ragú Better and Better Sweepstakes, for a chance to win great Authentic Italian themed prizes, including a grand prize trip to Italy for a family of four!
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 4 slices Fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 8 slices of thick , artisan bread
- 1 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
- Set up a breading station: 1 shallow bowl has flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper mixed together. 1bowl has the egg, beaten. 1 bowl has the Panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese well combined.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour. Coat both sides, shaking off the extra. Dip in the egg, and then press into the breadcrumbs, making sure to coat well on both sides. Set on a plate.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken to the pan, and cook for about 4minutes per side.
- Place a piece of chicken on 4 slices of the bread. Spread about 1/4 cup of Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce over the chicken. Top with a slice of cheese and a tablespoon of Mozzarella cheese.Top with the remaining slice of bread. Heat in a panini press or in a large skillet until the cheese is melted.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragú®. The opinions and text are all mine.