Baked Chicken Taquitos – Corn tortillas filled with seasoned chicken and cheese, then baked to crispy perfection! Serve with salsa or guacamole for dipping. Air Fryer Instructions included too!
Taquitos are kind of the perfect food in my opinion. They are loaded with whatever ingredients you like, then they get nice and crispy, and you get to dip them in guacamole or salsa! This version is filled with seasoned chicken and a little bit of cheese, and could not be easier to make!
Most of the time taquitos are fried in oil, so they get super crispy and delicious but are a little on the unhealthy side. These on the other hand are baked, so they still get crispy just without the guilt. And if you have an air fryer, you can put them in there and they get even crispier!
What you fill them with is kind of up to you, there are lots of options. I use Instant Pot Salsa Chicken whenever I make them, so the chicken has lots of flavor and makes them extra delicious.
What In Chicken Taquitos
- Corn Tortillas
- Chicken Breasts
- Vegetable Oil
- Taco Seasoning
- Cheddar Cheese
How Do You Make Baked Chicken Taquitos
- Make the filling by putting the chicken, taco seasoning, and salsa into the Instant Pot and cooking for 12 minutes. Once it is cooked, shred the chicken and add back to the pot with the salsa to get it evenly coated.
- Next you want to heat your tortillas. Corn tortillas fall apart unless you get them nice and warm. Wrap them in a towel and microwave for a minute.
- Assemble the taquitos by putting about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into the center of a tortilla and topping with a little cheese. Roll them up and place them on a baking tray.
- Brush them with a little bit of vegetable oil and put them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.
Can I Fry Them Instead?
Absolutely, you can heat a heavy bottom pot with about 1 inch of vegetable oil to 360º F. Add the taquitos and fry on each side for about 2 minutes until golden brown.
Can I Use The Air Fryer?
Yep, that works great! Place a single layer in the basket of the air fryer and cook on 400º for about 5-6 minutes per side.
What Dips Should I Serve With Taquitos
What Goes With Chicken Taquitos
Baked Taquitos are so versatile you can really fill them with just about anything. If you have leftover pulled pork, it makes a great filling. Or you can make them vegetarian with beans and cheese. The possibilities are endless, so get creative!
More Mexican Recipes
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 corn tortillas
- Pour water into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add chicken and season with taco seasoning.
- Pour salsa over chicken and mix to make sure some of the salsa is under the chicken to prevent burning.
- Set Instant Pot to cook under high pressure for 12 minutes if using fresh or defrosted chicken and 17 minutes if using frozen chicken breasts.
- Quick release pressure and remove lid once it is unlocked. Use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Add chicken back to the pot and mix well with the salsa.
- Preheat oven to 425º degrees.
- Wrap tortillas in a towel and microwave for 60 seconds.
- Lay tortillas on a flat surface. Fill with about 1/4 cup of chicken mixture, and a little bit of cheese. Roll tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet and brush each with a little bit of vegetable oil (or spray with non-stick spray)
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with guacamole or salsa for dipping
To Use Air Fryer - brush each with oil, arrange in the air fryer basket and cook at 400º for 11-12 minutes, flipping half way through.
Amount Per Serving Calories 461Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 138mgSodium 1228mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 5gSugar 4gProtein 52g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!