Easy Chicken Fajitas – skip going out and make chicken fajitas at home! Super easy to make any night of the week, take your taco night to a whole new level!
We all know that I am a huge fan of Mexican food. I could pretty much eat it every day of the week and be happy. Something like Southwest Baked Chicken is a super simple dinner that gives you all that great spice and melty cheese that you think of when you think Mexican food.
When we go out for Mexican food I pretty much always order chicken fajitas. They are probably one of my favorite things. Well, I also order a margarita. But we are talking about dinner here, right? The spicy, sizzling chicken and veggies that I get to assemble and top how I want just gets me every time.
This chicken fajita recipe uses a homemade fajita seasoning. If you want to make them even easier you can use the store bought packet. But it takes 2 minutes to put the fajita seasoning together, and there are no other extras or weird things in there, so I like to make it myself.
I think what makes these chicken fajitas special is the fajita seasoning recipe. It has the spices that you know and love from Mexican food. You can add heat with some cayenne pepper if you want, but I left it out there. I like to top my fajitas with a spicy homemade salsa or fresh pico de gallo for the heat.
How to Make Chicken Fajitas
Chicken fajitas are really easy to make! You really just need a hot pan and it does all the work.
- I mix the fajita seasoning recipe together and then toss over the thinly sliced chicken.
- Once you have a super hot pan you add the oil to the pan.
- Once that is hot toss everything into the pan – the chicken, peppers and onions. It all cooks really quickly, because the chicken is so thinly sliced. You don’t want to over cook it or the chicken will get dry.
- Once it is cooked you are done. Just serve with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings on the side.
So the next time you are looking to take your taco night up a notch or even just want to do something other than basic chicken for dinner this chicken fajita recipe is a must! The chicken gets such great flavor from the seasoning. Plus you get to top however you want! Someone in your family doesn’t like avocado, that is fine they don’t put any on theirs, but you can put extra!
What to Serve With Chicken Fajitas
I would eat Mexican pretty much every day of the week and be happy!
More Mexican Recipes to Try
- Ground Beef Enchiladas
- Mexican Rice Skillet
- Sour Cream Enchiladas
- Mexican Pizza
- Flank Steak Tacos
- White Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Fajita Quesadilla
- Dorito Taco Casserole
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas
Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour cream
- In a small bowl mix together the fajita seasoning mix until well blended. Toss chicken with the seasoning mixture until well coated.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil to the pan swirling to coat.
- Add the chicken and vegetables to the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked remove from pan and serve with warm tortillas and desired toppings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 597Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 96mgSodium 727mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 5gSugar 3gProtein 45g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!