Blue Margarita Recipe – A pretty blue twist on a classic margarita. So easy to make, delicious, and fun to drink. You can make it by the glass or by the pitcher!
I am not one for straight tequila, but apparently when you mix it with some lime juice I am a happy girl! And I tend to like them if they are just a little sweet. Throw in a night out with friends and you have the perfect recipe.
Last year I had a blue margarita for the first time. And I was immediately in love. It was fruity, sweet, a pretty color, and so good.
What is in a Blue Margarita?
- Lime Juice
- Triple Sec
- Blue Curacao
Blue Curacao is added to give it the pretty color. What Does Blue Curacao Taste Like? It is a slightly bitter orange flavored liquor that is very popular in tropical drinks. To me it is very similar to triple sec.
How to make a Blue Margarita
- The method is the same if you are making a single glass or a pitcher. Add all of the ingredients to a class, pitcher, or cocktail shaker.
- Shake or stir until everything is well combined.
- Pour over ice to serve.
- If you want to make a Frozen Blueberry Margarita, add all of the ingredients along with ice to a blender and blend.
I have made this blue margarita recipe a few times, and it doesn’t have any sweetener added to it, but you can add a little bit of simple syrup to taste if you like yours on the sweet side. I thought I would need to add it, but when I tasted it, it was perfect and not necessary for me!
Now I just need a big bowl of homemade salsa and some chips and I will be happy. Great for a girls night with friends, for taco night, or to serve at a party. Everyone is going to love the color and wonder how you did it!
More Fun Drink Recipes
For a Glass
- 4 oz tequila, white or silver
- 1.5 oz blue curacao
- 1 oz triple sec
- 2 oz lime juice
For a Pitcher
- 1 cup tequila
- 3/4 cup blue curacao
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- For a glass - mix together all of the ingredients in a shaker. Pour over a glass filled with ice.
- For a pitcher - fill a pitcher with ice. Pour all ingredients over ice, mix to combine. Pour over glasses filled with ice.
Add simple syrup to taste
Amount Per Serving Calories 123Sodium 1mgCarbohydrates 6gSugar 5g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!