The Best Mojito Drink Recipe- A simple and refreshing drink with just 5 simple ingredients; lime juice, white rum, sugar, club soda and mint. It just might be the perfect rum cocktail!
Classic Mojitos are my go to drink. They are sweet, tart, refreshing and with the mint they are so good! You do need a to be careful with the amount of mint though, I have ordered some that taste like you are drinking grass, and then others that you can’t even tell it is in there. But when you get a good one, oh they are tasty! You can even mix it up and make a Cranberry Mojito or use other fruit juices as well.
This mojito recipe is the perfect balance of sweet, and tart and mint. Nothing is over powering it is just easy to drink and delicious. They are often thought of as a summer cocktail because fresh mint is so available in the summer, but I could drink them pretty much all year round. You can find mint in the grocery store in the dead of winter, and it is a pretty hearty herb that you can grow inside very easily. So I say bring on mojito drinks anytime!
- Lime Juice
- White Rum
- Club Soda
- Fresh Mint
- Sugar (or simple syrup)
How to Make a Mojito
- Muddle the mint – Combine the lime juice with the mint leaves in a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler if you have one, or the back of a wooden spoon to squish the mint leaves to help them release your flavors. You want to really work the mint, but be careful not to break them into a bunch of little pieces.
- Ice – Add plenty of ice to your shaker, you want your mojito to be very cold! Also mix in the rum and simple syrup.
- Shake – Put the top on the shaker and shake well with the ice until it is very cold. Usually about 15-20 seconds is what you want to do.
- Pour – Fill a tall glass with ice and pour mojito into the glass. Top with just a little club soda and garnish with lime and mint and serve.
You can easily make this into a pitcher just use a spoon to mix everything together instead of shaking it. I like to add the club soda when I pour it into each glass, so it stays fizzy.
You really can mix it up and make this drink almost anything you want it to be!
- If you aren’t a fan of rum, try using vodka with this same recipe.
- If you like things spicy add in a chili pepper when you are muddling the mint leaves. It will give it a little kick!
- Make it fruity by adding in just about any fruit that you muddle with the mint. Strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, blueberries, kiwi, and even melon would be tasty. Be sure to strain it when you are pouring it into the glass so you don’t get seeds and pulp.
- You can even do a virgin version without the alcohol. Just leave out the rum and add a little bit more club soda.
- And if you want to make it skinny, check out my Skinny Mojito that uses flavored hard seltzer to cut down on some calories.
More Fun Drink Recipes to Try
- Jamaican Rum Punch
- Mai Tai
- Berry Rose Sangria
- Sex on the Beach
- Long Island Iced Tea
- French Martini
- Vodka Gimlet
- Black Cherry Limeade
- Skinny Blackberry Margarita
To make this without alcohol, just leave out the rum and top with a little extra club soda when you serve it. Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 219Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 24mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 4gSugar 14gProtein 2g
To make this without alcohol, just leave out the rum and top with a little extra club soda when you serve it.
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!