Skinny Blackberry Margaritas – Fruity and tart make for the perfect skinny margarita. Not to mention lower in calories!
Do you have a favorite cocktail? A Frozen Strawberry Margarita might be my favorite thing to order at a Mexican restaurant. There is just something about chips and salsa with a margarita that make for the perfect night.
But those margaritas are always so full of sugar and calories, that it can kill your diet and healthy eating goals. So today I am here with a skinny margarita recipe that you can make all year round and not feel guilty about drinking!
Now what goes better with Margaritas than Mexican food?! So while you whip up a batch of these blackberry margaritas, throw some chicken in the Instant Pot and make these Instant Pot Chicken Tacos!
And since we are trying to be a little bit better with our choices, this Healthy Mexican Rice is a must make. You can get all your favorite Mexican flavors in one meal and not have to feel guilty!
This skinny margarita clocks in right about 150 calories, so you can enjoy 2! But it doesn’t skimp on any of the flavor. It is a great balance of sweet and tart from the orange juice and lime juice. Plus you use real fresh blackberries. None of that sugary syrup flavor that the restaurants use!
The blender does all the work to puree the berries and make it that gorgeous color! You could use this same recipe with blueberries or strawberries too to make those a little better for you as well.
How to Make a Skinny Margarita
- The first step is to make your own simple syrup. You can control how much sugar goes in and not make it super sweet
- Use super fresh fruit. It is naturally sweet, so it will cut down on the amount of added sugar in the recipe.
- Don’t use the bottled margarita mix. Get out fresh oranges and limes and squeeze them for the freshest and sweetest juice.
- A good quality tequila matters. Not necessarily for calories, but on taste. If you use a smooth and high quality tequila, you will not want to cover it up with more sugar and other flavors.
Even More Fun Drinks
- Blue Margaritas – a fun twist using Blue Curacao
- Mai Tai – feel like you are on vacation
- Cosmopolitan Cocktail – a classic martini that is super easy to make
- Whiskey Sour – a must make, so tasty
- Cranberry Mimosa – a great brunch cocktail
Adapted from Cooking Light As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Rim of the glass
Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 150 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 3mg Carbohydrates 26g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 21g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 1g
Adapted from Cooking Light
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.