Skinny Blackberry Margaritas – Fruity and tart make for the perfect skinny margarita. Not to mention lower in calories!
Do you have a favorite cocktail? A Frozen Strawberry Margarita might be my favorite thing to order at a Mexican restaurant. There is just something about chips and salsa with a margarita that make for the perfect night.
But those margaritas are always so full of sugar and calories, that it can kill your diet and healthy eating goals. So today I am here with a skinny margarita recipe that you can make all year round and not feel guilty about drinking!
Now what goes better with Margaritas than Mexican food?! So while you whip up a batch of these blackberry margaritas, throw some chicken in the Instant Pot and make these Instant Pot Chicken Tacos!
And since we are trying to be a little bit better with our choices, this Healthy Mexican Rice is a must make. You can get all your favorite Mexican flavors in one meal and not have to feel guilty!
This skinny margarita clocks in right about 150 calories, so you can enjoy 2! But it doesn’t skimp on any of the flavor. It is a great balance of sweet and tart from the orange juice and lime juice. Plus you use real fresh blackberries. None of that sugary syrup flavor that the restaurants use!
The blender does all the work to puree the berries and make it that gorgeous color! You could use this same recipe with blueberries or strawberries too to make those a little better for you as well.
How to Make a Skinny Margarita
- The first step is to make your own simple syrup. You can control how much sugar goes in and not make it super sweet
- Use super fresh fruit. It is naturally sweet, so it will cut down on the amount of added sugar in the recipe.
- Don’t use the bottled margarita mix. Get out fresh oranges and limes and squeeze them for the freshest and sweetest juice.
- A good quality tequila matters. Not necessarily for calories, but on taste. If you use a smooth and high quality tequila, you will not want to cover it up with more sugar and other flavors.
Even More Fun Drinks
- Blue Margaritas – a fun twist using Blue Curacao
- Mai Tai – feel like you are on vacation
- Cosmopolitan Cocktail – a classic martini that is super easy to make
- Whiskey Sour – a must make, so tasty
- Cranberry Mimosa – a great brunch cocktail
Skinny Blackberry Margaritas
Skinny Blackberry Margaritas - Fruity and tart make for the perfect skinny margarita. Not to mention lower in calories!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 oz fresh black berries
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
Rim of the glass
- 1 lime
- 3 Tbls sugar
- In a small sauce pan heat water until boiling. Stir in the sugar until fully dissolved. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- In a blender combine the simple syrup, tequila, black berries, lime juice and orange juice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer. Let sit in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To line the rim of the glass cut the lime into wedges. Rub with lime over the edge of the glass. Dip the rim in the sugar.
- Serve over ice garnished with additional lime and blackberries, if desired.
Adapted from Cooking Light
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 150Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 2gSugar 21gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
- Chicken Taco Soup - March 17, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
I want this in my life, like, yesterday!
Erin @ Texanerin Baking says
I never thought of alcohol containing calories. That’s kind of ridiculous, I know. But it’s true. Good thing that I rarely drink it. 🙂
And these look super fun! Love that they’re skinny.
This looks so beautiful! And I just love that it’s lightened up! I love margaritas…looking forward to having one of these this weekend!
Jodee Weiland says
This looks delicious! I love skinny, and this recipe looks great…thanks for sharing!
Stephanie Hann - Cookin' Cowgirl says
Hot dang! These look GOOD! Blackberries happen to be my favorite fruit, so I will be making these ASAP!
pam (Sidewalk Shoes) says
Love the sound of this! I would love it if you would link it up to Tipsy Tuesday at Grey is the New Black!
Prettiest drink ever…and I love that it’s skinny!
Melanie Bauer says
Oh wow, this is absolutely awesome! I would love to try this, such a cool and fun drink!
This looks so refreshing and easy! I’ll have to try this sometime
Count me in! Sounds refreshing.
Sara Welch says
Wow! What a tasty cocktail with a kick! I had never tried blackberries in my margaritas and this was so easy and delicious! My new summer cocktail, indeed!
This is exactly what I need right now! Looks fantastic!
A lovely drink to enjoy all summer long!
This was so good!!! Used the blackberries from my bushes. Probably one of the BEST margaritas I’ve ever had.
I love the addition of fruit in the summer drinks! They make it irresistible!
Yassss I clearly need to make these soon!
Jacque Hooper says
Can’t wait to unwind with this delicious drink tonight! Looks amazing and just what I need after a long hot day!
Lisa S says
Made these and tripled batch and put in ball jars! I replaced the sugar with stevia. I did Strawberries, raspberry and blackberry batches! Big hit and ready to poor. I shared and did gifting during this quarantine time- (Strawberry is really good!) Thank you!