Skinny Blackberry Margaritas – Fruity and tart make for the perfect skinny margarita. Not to mention lower in calories!
Do you have a favorite cocktail? A Frozen Strawberry Margarita might be my favorite thing to order at a Mexican restaurant. There is just something about chips and salsa with a margarita that make for the perfect night.
But those margaritas are always so full of sugar and calories, that it can kill your diet and healthy eating goals. So today I am here with a skinny margarita recipe that you can make all year round and not feel guilty about drinking!
Now what goes better with Margaritas than Mexican food?! So while you whip up a batch of these blackberry margaritas, throw some chicken in the Instant Pot and make these Instant Pot Chicken Tacos!
And since we are trying to be a little bit better with our choices, this Healthy Mexican Rice is a must make. You can get all your favorite Mexican flavors in one meal and not have to feel guilty!
This skinny margarita clocks in right about 150 calories, so you can enjoy 2! But it doesn’t skimp on any of the flavor. It is a great balance of sweet and tart from the orange juice and lime juice. Plus you use real fresh blackberries. None of that sugary syrup flavor that the restaurants use!
The blender does all the work to puree the berries and make it that gorgeous color! You could use this same recipe with blueberries or strawberries too to make those a little better for you as well.
How to Make a Skinny Margarita
- The first step is to make your own simple syrup. You can control how much sugar goes in and not make it super sweet
- Use super fresh fruit. It is naturally sweet, so it will cut down on the amount of added sugar in the recipe.
- Don’t use the bottled margarita mix. Get out fresh oranges and limes and squeeze them for the freshest and sweetest juice.
- A good quality tequila matters. Not necessarily for calories, but on taste. If you use a smooth and high quality tequila, you will not want to cover it up with more sugar and other flavors.
Even More Fun Drinks
- Blue Margaritas – a fun twist using Blue Curacao
- Mai Tai – feel like you are on vacation
- Cosmopolitan Cocktail – a classic martini that is super easy to make
- Whiskey Sour – a must make, so tasty
- Cranberry Mimosa – a great brunch cocktail
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 oz fresh black berries
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
Rim of the glass
- 1 lime
- 3 Tbls sugar
- In a small sauce pan heat water until boiling. Stir in the sugar until fully dissolved. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- In a blender combine the simple syrup, tequila, black berries, lime juice and orange juice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer. Let sit in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To line the rim of the glass cut the lime into wedges. Rub with lime over the edge of the glass. Dip the rim in the sugar.
- Serve over ice garnished with additional lime and blackberries, if desired.
Adapted from Cooking Light
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 150Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 2gSugar 21gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.