Cilantro Lime Chicken – chicken kebabs marinated in garlic, cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice. A quick and easy grilled chicken dinner the whole family will ask for again and again.
I love grilling in the summer. The prep and the clean up is always so easy. Plus you don’t have to heat up your house, everything is so fresh, and the whole family is happy. I spend a few days last week at the Certified Angus Beef education center in Ohio, and I learned a whole lot more about grilling. I can’t wait to use what I learned to make even better recipes this summer! So stay tuned, because I know that you guys love to grill too!
Cilantro and lime is a classic combination. They just work together. So for this grilled chicken, I marinated the pieces of chicken in lime juice, oil, garlic, cilantro and a little jalapeno. The flavors all came together pretty quickly. When you are marinating with a lot of acid (lime juice in this case), you can’t let your meat sit in the marinade very long, or it will start to cook. So 25 minutes is just perfect to give it a little flavor, and then get dinner on the table. You can definitely make this cilantro lime chicken on a weeknight.
And because every good kebab needs a dipping sauce, I made a little avocado dip to go with it. Super simple; just avocado, a little yogurt and some lime juice. I grilled potatoes to go with our cilantro lime chicken, and they were great to dip in the sauce as well. Cool, creamy, and just tied everything together!
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 2 Tbls cilantro , chopped
- 2 clove garlic , minced
- 1 small jalapeno , seeded and chopped
- 1 pound chicken , but into 1 inch pieces
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lime , juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in a large resealable bag. Add chicken pieces, massaging to coat everything. Place in fridge for 25 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Thread chicken pieces onto skewers.
- Grill over 6-7 minutes per side, until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Meanwhile prepare the dipping sauce.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado into a bowl. Use a fork to mash until smooth. Mix in yogurt, lime juice, and stir until everything is incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the chicken is completely cooked, remove from the grill and serve with the dipping sauce.
Looking for other summer chicken recipes?