Cilantro Lime Chicken – chicken kabobs marinated in garlic, cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice. A quick and easy grilled chicken dinner the whole family will ask for again and again.
I love grilling in the summer. The prep and the clean up is always so easy. Plus you don’t have to heat up your house, everything is so fresh, and the whole family is happy. It can be something as simple as throwing burgers on the grill or this Grilled Turkey Tenderloin that is so flavorful and delicious.
And I am a sucker for food on a stick. So these Chicken Skewers are one of my favorites and I love the cilantro lime flavor for these chicken kabobs.
Cilantro and lime is a classic combination. They just work together. So for this chicken kabob marinade I used lime juice, oil, garlic, cilantro and a little jalapeno. The flavors all came together pretty quickly and make this anything but a boring chicken dinner.
When you are marinating with a lot of acid (lime juice in this case), you can’t let your meat sit in the marinade very long, or it will start to cook and break down. So 25 minutes is just perfect to give it a little flavor, and then get dinner on the table. You can definitely make this cilantro lime chicken any night of the week.
And because every good kebab needs a dipping sauce, I made a little avocado dip to go with it. Super simple; just avocado, a little yogurt and some lime juice. Chicken and avocado are the perfect combo, this Avocado Chicken Salad is one of my favorite lunches.
This is great served with a fresh Cucumber Tomato Salad in the peak of summer! Or throw some veggies on the grill next to the chicken and you can have dinner on the table in minutes. I love grilling in the summer and this chicken kabob recipe is so easy, it will quickly become your go to!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 2 Tbls cilantro, , chopped
- 2 clove garlic, , minced
- 1 small jalapeno, , seeded and chopped
- 1 pound chicken, , but into 1 inch pieces
Avocado Dipping Sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lime, , juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in a large resealable bag. Add chicken pieces, massaging to coat everything. Place in fridge for 25 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Thread chicken pieces onto skewers.
- Grill over 6-7 minutes per side, until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Meanwhile prepare the dipping sauce.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado into a bowl. Use a fork to mash until smooth. Mix in yogurt, lime juice, and stir until everything is incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the chicken is completely cooked, remove from the grill and serve with the dipping sauce.
Inspired by Cooking Light