Grilled Zucchini – throw zucchini on the grill for a quick and easy side dish. It is ready in just minutes, is deliciously healthy and perfect with just about any summer meal!
Zucchini might be my favorite summer vegetables. I love baking with it in things like Zucchini Bread, but adding it to pastas or just throwing it on the grill is absolutely delicious as well. It doesn’t have a ton of flavor, so you can season it however you want, and add it just about an meal.
Grilled vegetables are great to make during the summer. They can be anything from zuccchini or asparagus to corn on the cob. If you are already using the grill to make your Grilled Hamburgers, why not cook everything on the grill, including your vegetables for a side dish.
Grilling vegetables gives them a little more flavor and texture than just roasting them, so it is my go to when the weather is warm. Plus I am all about grilling everything I can to avoid turning on the oven as soon as the weather gets warm.
Is Grilled Zucchini Healthy
Zucchini is full of vitamins and minerals, particularly vitamin A, so it is a healthy vegetable to choose. You go brush it with just a little bit of olive oil, which is a heart healthy fat, but not enough to take aways from the health benefits. So if you are looking for a healthy side dishes, grilled zucchini definitely fits the bill.
Do You Peel Zucchini Before Grilling
Nope, you just want to make sure that you wash the skin well before you slice it. But there is no need to peel zucchini, the skin is very thin and perfectly safe to eat.
Ways To Use Grilled Zucchini
There are so many ways you can use zucchini aside from just eating it. Here are a few of my favorites
- Add to pasta dishes. I personally love adding it to Balsamic Pasta with Sausage for a light summer meal.
- Add to sandwiches. Adding grilled zucchini to a panini with other vegetables would be delicious.
- Use in salads. You can use it in a traditional green salad or toss with other veggies like corn and tomatoes for a delicious summer salad.
- Use with dips. Zucchini goes really well with hummus, so serve them together as a snack or side dish.
- Quesadillas. I am always looking for more ways to get veggies into my family, and if I put it between tortillas with cheese they are always happy!
How to Grill Zucchini
- Slicing zucchini is the first step, and it really doesn’t matter how you slice it. You can slice into coins about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick like I did here. Your you can slice the zucchini the long way into thin strips. Your you can slice into quarters and have long triangular strips. Either way the recipe and the method is exactly the same.
- Add your zucchini to a large bowl with a little bit of olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss until everything is evenly coated. Here is where you can really mix up the seasonings. Italian seasoning is a great idea or you could do lemon pepper or whatever your favorite spices are.
- Place zucchini on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side. You want it to have grill marks, but not over cook it so much it is mushy.
How Long To Grill Zucchini
It doesn’t really matter how you slice your zucchini it will take about 10 minutes on the grill. You need to cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Zucchini is a tender vegetable, so it really doesn’t take long for them to cook.
Looking for More Summer Dinner Recipes
- Smoked Baby Back Ribs
- Grilled Flank Steak
- Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken
- Best Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Smoked Tri Tip
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- 2 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Slice zucchini in to 1/4 inch thick rounds (or you can do quarters and have spears or lengthwise through the zucchini)
- In a bowl toss together zucchini with olive oil and spices.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and add zucchini.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until slightly tender and browned.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 48Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 294mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook,and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can
share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and
tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS
recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you
never miss a post!