Yogurt Marinated Chicken – chicken breasts marinated in a blend of yogurt, lemon juice, and Greek seasonings. Then grilled to perfection. A quick and easy dinner all summer long.
You may remember last fall when I went to Ohio with the American Dairy Association Mideast. I am excited to say that I am partnering with them this year to bring you a few dairy filled, and delicious recipes! On the trip we were able to milk baby calves, see a calf that was JUST born (like while we were visiting) and learn so much from Frank Burkett.
Well today, I am putting some of that knowledge to use and making you delicious Yogurt Marinated Chicken that you can grill all summer long, or make in the oven during the winter! June is Dairy Month, time to celebrate America’s dairy farmers!
With summer pretty much here, you want to spend time outdoors and doing fun things with family and friends. You do not want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen making dinner. Especially a dinner that is going to heat up the house. So this Yogurt Marinated Chicken is perfect, you prep it hours before it is time to eat, then just grill when you are ready.
I used Greek yogurt for the marinade, because it packs in dairy’s 9 essential nutrients. Plus it is thick and creamy and really helps coat the chicken and make it extra tender. Just add plenty of garlic, Greek seasoning (or Oregano), lemon juice and you are pretty much done. The chicken soaks up all that great flavor, so you have anything but a boring chicken dinner.
One serving of milk, cheese or yogurt provides 8 grams of high-quality protein and 9 essential nutrients. Experts recommend we have 3 servings of low fat or fat-free dairy every day. This chicken is a great way to get you part of the way there. You know you are feeding something healthy to your family, even on busy nights. Serve with Cheesy Garlic Bread for even more dairy goodness!
Follow the American Dairy Association on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. To meet Ohio and West Virginia dairy farmers, learn more about how farmers care for their cows and follow milk’s journey from farm to fridge, visit Drink-Milk.com. You can also find this recipe and many more at Drink-Milk.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tblg Greek seasoning blend (or Oregano)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Chopped Parsley, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Mix together yogurt, olive oil, garlic, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes.
- Add chicken and yogurt mixture to a zip top plastic bag. Massage the chicken and make sure that everything is well coated. Place in fridge for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes per side, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from grill and serve topped with parsley and lemon wedges on the side.
To make indoor - Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Instead of grilling the chicken, place on a line or sprayed baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes (flipping half way), or until chicken is done.
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Saturated Fat 1gCholesterol 75mgSodium 154mgCarbohydrates 2gSugar 1gProtein 29g