I think I am finally feeling caught up after my busy weekend. I have groceries in the house, laundry is caught up (well, I could do another load now), the floor is vacuumed, and my kitchen is in good shape. We have had doctors appointments this week, football practice, and a big report my 1st grader has been working on. Needless to say, I am ready for the weekend! Too bad it is only Thursday 🙁
Remember awhile ago when I made that Greek Vinaigrette dressing? This is one of the things I did with it. It was so good. I marinated the chicken in some of the dressing, and then I grilled it. Then I used the vinaigrette again as the dressing for the pasta salad. I ate this hot and the leftovers cold, it was great both ways. It was supposed to have black olives in it. I even had them out on the counter, but forgot to put them in! I do not like Feta, but if you do, it would be a great addition and make this even more Greek. As for the avocados….I have no idea if they are Greek. I just like them, so I put them in.
This would be a great side dish for your summer barbeque or to bring to a pot luck. I would just leave out the meat, and it would be equally delicious!
- 1 pound short-cut pasta
- 1 cup cucumber, , diced
- 1 avocado, , diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, (I just diced what I had on hand)
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1 large chicken breast
- Feta, (optional)
- Greek Vinaigrette, (recipe here)
- In a resealable plastic storage bag place chicken and 3 Tbls of vinaigrette. Let marinade for 20-30 minutes. Not any longer, because there is so much lemon it will start to break down the chicken.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill chicken for about 6 minutes a side, until fully cooked. Dice chicken and set aside.
- Boil water to cook pasta as directed on the box. Chop the veggies, and place in a large bowl. Drain pasta well, and add to veggies. Toss in the cooked chicken. Add about 1/4 cup of vinaigrette. Stir until well coated. You can add more vinaigrette if needed. Top with Feta cheese if desired.
Amount Per ServingCalories 163 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 21mg Sodium 194mg Carbohydrates 12g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 3g Sugar 2g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 9g