Southwestern Cobb Salad – A classic Cobb salad with a Southwestern, tex-mex twist! Topped with a creamy cilantro lime dressing for a hearty, filling, and delicious salad.
Summer is all about eating better and not trying to heat up your house. Thankfully, you can use the grill and achieve both of these goals at one time. Ok, so there may be more to summer like friends, family, vacations, getting outside, swimming, sun, baseball etc…but this is a food blog, so I am here to solve your summer food goals. Today I have you more than covered with eating a little better and keeping the air conditioning from working over-time with this incredible Cobb Salad.
Cobb Salad is a classic. It has been around forever and is on almost every menu out there. Today I am putting a little twist on it. Introducing the Southwestern Cobb Salad, topped with a creamy cilantro lime dressing that is made with Mazola® Corn Oil. A recent study published in the Journal of Clinical Lipidology found that corn oil helps lower cholesterol more than extra virgin olive oil. It also has a very neutral flavor, so you can use it in just about any recipe and it will not change the flavor. Corn oil has more cholesterol-blocking plant sterols than other cooking oils – almost 4X more than olive oil!
The Cobb Salad is also topped with fresh tomatoes, avocado, black beans, sweet corn, grilled chicken, and a few tortilla strips for some crunch. The cilantro lime dressing ties all the flavors together and makes for a super fresh and delicious lunch or dinner. For this Southwestern Cobb Salad, I even brushed the grill with corn oil before grilling the chicken. It has a high smoke point, so it is great for grilling. Trust me, your family is going to love this Cobb Salad. And there is plenty of protein—you are not going to be hungry 20 minutes later! Find out more about the benefits of cooking with corn oil at Mazola.com.
More Delicious Easy Dinner Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
- Smoked Beer Can Chicken
- Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Garlic Tomato Baked Chicken
- Creamy Salsa Chicken
- Easy Chicken Fajitas
- 8 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, , chopped
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup tortilla strips
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Mazola® Corn Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 limes, , juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, , minced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 jalapeno, , seeds removed
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brush grill with corn oil. Cook chicken for 6-7 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Remove from the grill, and slice into 1 inch cubes.
- To prepare the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, place 2 cups of lettuce into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with 1/4 cup black beans, corn kernels, tomatoes, and tortilla strips. Slice the avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh and chop. Place 1/2 of an avocado on each salad. Once the chicken is cooked, divide evenly over each salad.
- Top with cilantro lime dressing to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 602Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 68mgSodium 172mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 13gSugar 8gProtein 28g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
This post is sponsored on behalf of Mazola® Corn Oil via One2One Network. All opinions are my own.