Creamy Salsa Chicken – Taco spiced chicken cooked with corn and salsa, and sour cream mixed in to make it creamy and delicious! One pan and 20 minutes!
Chicken is pretty much a staple in every house across America. But you don’t always want the same dinner over and over again. Chicken Dinner Ideas are some of my favorite to come up with, because I get bored with dinner quickly and always like to mix it up.
Mexican flavored foods are some of our favorites. Southwest Baked Chicken is such an easy dinner you can get on the table any night of the week. And this salsa chicken recipe is another that is ready in no time!
What You’ll Need
- Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil
- Taco Seasoning
- Sour Cream
Seriously this salsa chicken has just 6 total ingredients. That means it is a quick no hassle meal that your family is going to go crazy for. You could add black beans to bulk it up even more. I like to use chicken tenders so the chicken cooks even faster and is on the table in about 20 minutes.
- Use Homemade Taco Seasoning and avoid the store bought packets!
- Restaurant Style Salsa is a perfect substitution for a jar of store bought stuff.
How to Make Salsa Chicken on the Stove
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
Often times you see salsa chicken made in the crock pot or like this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken. It is a really similar recipe of putting in chicken breasts, taco seasoning and salsa. Then you just let it cook for a few hours and shred. It is great for making tacos, topping salads or even filling of a quesadilla.
- Season chicken with taco seasoning evenly on all side. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with oil
- Add the chicken to the pan and brown on both sides for 3-4 minutes. It doesn’t have to be cooked through.
- Mix in corn kernels and salsa. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and serve.
How to Serve Salsa Chicken
I like to serve with Mexican Rice on the side. It is great enjoyed on its own, or you could dice up the meat and put it into tacos. Refried Beans would be a great side dish as well. The leftovers are great too! My husband likes to warm it up as is, but I like to dice up the chicken and use it to top salads. So making a big batch is a good idea!
Is Salsa Chicken Healthy
Yep, this dinner recipe is a great thing to make when you are watching your fat, calories and even your carbs. If you pick a lower sugar salsa this is great.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- Pistachio Cream Pasta
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Avocado Grilled Cheese
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Arby’s Beef & Cheddar
- 1 pound chicken breasts tenders
- 1 tbls taco seasoning
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat.
- Season chicken with taco seasoning evenly on all sides. Add to the pan and brown on both sides for 3-4 minutes. It does not need to be fully cooked.
- Mix in corn kernels and salsa. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve immediately
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 333Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 118mgSodium 731mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 39g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!