Southwest Baked Chicken – a baked chicken recipe that is ready in no time, with tons of flavor. Just 4 ingredients and dinner is done!
Are you ready for a new chicken recipe? We eat a lot of chicken at our house, but the same old dinners can get old and boring fast. So I like to mix it up and make sure that my family stays excited about different chicken dinner ideas. This Southwest Baked Chicken recipe is perfect. You get all the delicious Mexican flavors, but in a super quick and easy recipe!
I worked with Lipton earlier this year on this Barbecue Chicken Stuffed French Bread recipe. Well today I am back again. By now, you know I am a big tea drinker. I almost always have a pitcher of iced tea in my fridge, and I can drink it by the gallon.
I am serving this Baked Chicken with Lipton Iced Tea Diet Citrus Green Tea flavor. The slightly sweet flavor is exactly what a spicy chicken dinner needs. It is refreshing and goes well with just about everything! Lipton has so many great flavors of iced tea, you will have to see what your favorite is to serve at meal time.
How to Make Southwest Baked Chicken
- Start by sprinkling taco seasoning evenly over the chicken.
- Pour the salsa for the chicken and then you just bake!
- Once the chicken is almost completely baked top with cheese and then return to the oven to melt completely.
- You can top with a little fresh cilantro at the end to brighten up the flavor, but this is completely optional!
What to Serve with Baked Chicken
How Long To Bake Chicken
It really depends on how thick your chicken is. But generally speaking I find it takes about 25 minutes to fully cook chicken when baking it. If your chicken is thinner it will be done quicker, but this is the average time. It is best to check with a meat thermometer to test for doneness. It is safe to eat chicken at 165 degrees F.
This easy baked chicken is ready in minutes and such a great dinner any night of the week. Only a few ingredients are needed, so you can have everything you need to make this on hand at all times! Just add your favorite side dish and dinner is done.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Italian Baked Chicken
- Chicken Madeira
- Garlic Tomato Baked Chicken
- Sous Vide Chicken Breasts
- Fiesta Lime Chicken
- Crispy Chicken Codon Bleu
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbls taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese, (cheddar, mexican blend etc.)
- Cilantro to garnish, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning evenly over both sides of chicken. Place in a baking dish. Pour salsa over the top of the chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro if using.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 340Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 130mgSodium 940mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 45g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lipton. The opinions and text are all mine.