Beef Stroganoff Stuffed Bread has all the flavors of beef stroganoff in a quick and easy, stuffed French bread. It’s friendly on the budget, too!
I am part of a cooking club, where every month I join 6 other ladies in my neighborhood, and we have a potluck-style lunch together. Each year we have a different theme we will follow. One year it was “Around the World,” so we cooked different regions each month. One year it was letters of the alphabet, where we cooked food that started with certain letters each month.
This year for cooking club the theme is cookbooks. We all came together at the beginning of the year with a cookbook of ours. We are passing it on to the next person each month, and they have to pick something to cook from it. Seems easy enough, right? I am struggling!
This last month I had a cookbook full of probably 200 recipes, and I couldn’t find anything that I wanted to make. One recipe called a Beef Stroganoff sandwich sounded interesting, but the recipe was not at all like I think of beef stroganoff. It had bell peppers, tomatoes, and other strange ingredients. I am all for switching it up like this Beef Stroganoff Ravioli skillet, but bell peppers? Not for me.
So I kind of cheated. It is alright, the ladies are kind of used to me playing loose with the rules. And they still let me come each month. So I took the name of the recipe that sounded interesting, and made it into what I wanted.
The results? Absolutely delicious! Creamy like you expect beef stroganoff to be. Lots of mushrooms and plenty of beef flavor. The ground beef makes this a very budget-friendly dinner to make during the week. Beef Stroganoff Stuffed Bread is quick for busy nights, and pure comfort food everyone will love. And like Barbecue Chicken Stuffed Bread it a crowd pleaser for sure!
More Easy Dinner Ideas
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Sausage & Rice Skillet
- Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet
- 1 loaf French Bread, Cut in half lengthwise with some of the inside taken out
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 small Onion, Finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper, To taste
- 8 ounces Mushrooms, Thinly sliced
- 1 cup Light Sour Cream
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onions together. Drain any fat away. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Meanwhile in a separate pan, brown mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together cooked mushrooms and ground beef mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir in Worcestershire sauce. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Fill the bottom loaf of bread with meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with the other half other bread. Bake for 10-20 minutes until cheese is melted. Cut into slices to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 519Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 90mgSodium 740mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 37g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!