Gooey Brownie Pie – a gooey chocolate brownie with a crackly top baked into a pie and topped with hot fudge. A delicious and easy dessert for any chocolate lover.
Brownies are kind of my thing. Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies. Or just regular fudgy brownies. They are pretty much my favorite dessert. We are up to about 30 brownie recipes here on the blog, so there is no shortage of options. I like them with frosting, without frosting, topped with a creamy mousse, added to cheesecake and just about any other way you can make them! And this brownie pie might be the ultimate gooey chocolate treat.
I can’t remember where I saw this recipe first, but as soon as I saw the picture, I knew I had to make it. Maybe it was shared on Facebook, I don’t remember. But one thing I know, is Ina Garten knows how to bake. Her Outrageous Brownies are amazing, so I knew this gooey brownie pie would be too.
Her recipe called for a chocolate ganache (melted chocolate chips with heavy cream) drizzled over the top. But I wanted to make it a little extra special. So I made Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce from A Dash of Sanity to spread over the top. You could follow the original recipe, use my special touch, or even just use your favorite hot fudge sauce over the top. Whatever form of extra chocolate you add will be delicious.
How to Make Brownie Pie
This has most of the same ingredients traditional brownies do, but the ratios are a little different, so it is extra fudgy and that crackly top is perfect!
- Start by melting the butter and chocolate together until it is nice and smooth. Cool this slightly so it doesn’t scramble the eggs when you mix it all together.
- Separately beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla for about 3 minutes until it is super light and fluffy.
- Pour the cooled chocolate in and mix until it is combined.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder and salt until it is just combined. Then add in the rest of the chocolate.
- Pour into a prepared spring form pan to bake. You can use a pie plate or cake pan if you don’t have one, but you will only use about 3/4 of the batter. This does rise in the oven, and the sides of a spring form pan keep it in place.
- Once it has puffed up and a tester comes out clean it is done. Let it cool before slicing.
- To serve top with chocolate sauce.
The brownie pie puffs up as it bakes, and the tops gets crackly and delicious. But the inside stays gooey, rich, and super chocolatey. I wanted mine to stay all chocolate, but you could mix in walnuts if that is more your thing. I am not a fan of nuts in desserts, so I skipped that part.
If you have a chocolate lover in your life, this is the dessert to make for them. It is really easy to make, with just a few minutes of work and ingredients you probably have in your kitchen already, you can have this in the oven. Perfect when for birthdays, special desserts at home, or just because those chocolate cravings strike!
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Double Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
- Soft Double Chocolate Cookies
- Molten Lava Cake
- French Silk Pie
- Triple Chocolate Skillet Brownie
- Chocolate Toffee Bars
- 6 Tbls butter
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, , divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a pie plate or 9 inch spring form pan.
- In a heat safe bowl melt together butter and 2 cups of chocolate chips until smooth. You can use a double boiler or microwave at 50% power in 30 second intervals. Let cool.
- In an electric mixer beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla on medium high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the cooled chocolate.
- Fold in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined. Mix in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is puffed. The top may crack.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Top with hot fudge to serve
If using a pie plate, I would use about 3/4 of the batter, otherwise it will be too full.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 496Saturated Fat 16gCholesterol 71mgSodium 177mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 4gSugar 39gProtein 5g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!