Triple Chocolate Skillet Brownie – Dive into decadence with this rich, fudgy brownie baked in a cast iron skillet. Loaded with three types of chocolate, this indulgent treat is perfect for satisfying your sweetest cravings.
Indulgence takes center stage with this Triple Chocolate Skillet Brownie—a decadent delight that promises to satisfy even the most insatiable sweet tooth. As a self-professed brownie fanatic, from Gooey Brownie Pie to Fudgy Nutella Brownies and even a Brownie Batter Dip, I can confidently say that this Triple Chocolate Skillet Brownie is a true standout.
This isn’t your average brownie; we’re talking rich, chocolatey goodness baked to perfection in a trusty cast iron skillet. Baking in a cast iron skillet adds a delightful crunch to the edges while keeping the center irresistibly gooey. And let’s not forget: this dessert boasts not one, not two, but three types of chocolate for an extra dose of deliciousness.
But here’s the real kicker: there’s no tedious waiting around for these beauties to cool. You can dive right in, spoon in hand, and revel in the gooey, melty goodness that awaits. Top it off with a scoop of creamy ice cream or a drizzle of even more chocolate, and you’ll find yourself in dessert heaven.
Of course, if you’re feeling a tad more civilized, you could wait for them to cool, slice ’em up, and serve on a plate. Either way, these brownies deliver a fudgy, melt-in-your-mouth experience that’s hard to resist.
Why You’ll Love This Brownie Skillet
- Effortless Preparation – Say goodbye to complex baking techniques and hello to simplicity! This recipe requires minimal effort and time, making it perfect for busy days when you need a quick and satisfying dessert fix.
- Versatile – Whether you prefer to enjoy it straight from the skillet with a scoop of ice cream or sliced and plated for a more refined presentation, this brownie skillet offers versatility to suit any occasion.
- Family-Friendly Fun – Gather the whole family for a baking adventure and enjoy creating a delicious treat together. From mixing the batter to savoring the finished product, this Triple Chocolate Skillet Brownie will definitely have smiles all around.
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post for the FULL PRINTABLE recipe card.
- Chocolate Spread – Your favorite chocolate spread will work. Nutella is popular, but Hershey’s has one without hazelnuts for an allergen-friendly alternative.
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
How To Make Triple Chocolate Brownie Skillet
- Preheat. Preheat your oven to 350º F, ensuring it’s ready to bake your delicious brownie creation to perfection.
- Combine Wet Ingredients. In a large bowl, mix the butter and chocolate spread until well combined.
- Incorporate Eggs and Sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar to the bowl and mix until the eggs are fully incorporated. You should have a smooth and uniform mixture.
- Add Dry Ingredients. Carefully incorporate the salt, flour, and cocoa powder into the mixture. Be mindful not to overmix. Then, fold in the chocolate chips to add an extra layer of indulgence.
- Prepare Skillet and Pour Batter. Spray a 9-inch cast iron skillet with non-stick spray, ensuring even coverage. Pour the brownie batter into the skillet, leaving about a 1-inch border around the edge.
- Bake Until Mostly Done. Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the brownies are mostly done. The center may appear underdone, but don’t worry. It will continue to set as it cools.
- Cool and Serve. Allow the brownies to cool slightly before serving. Top with ice cream, a drizzle of chocolate spread, and a sprinkling of chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Don’t Overmix the Batter. Be careful not to overmix the batter once you’ve added the dry ingredients to avoid a tough or dense texture in your brownies.
- Add Extra Mix-Ins. Get creative and incorporate additional mix-ins like chopped nuts, caramel bits, or marshmallows.
- Experiment with Toppings. Customize your brownie experience by experimenting with toppings such as whipped cream, fresh berries, or a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Don’t forget to leave a 1-inch border. When pouring the brownie batter into the skillet, leave a 1-inch border around the edges because the batter will spread while baking. This way, you’ll still enjoy a thick, gooey center and not too much crispiness. It’s all about balance!
- Remove the brownies from the oven before they’re fully cooked. The cast iron skillet retains heat and will continue to cook the brownies even after they’ve been pulled out. This prevents overbaking and ensures a gooey, fudgy center.
You can use any brand or variety of chocolate spread you prefer. Nutella and Hershey’s are popular choices, but feel free to experiment with your favorite brand. You could even use your own Homemade Nutella if you prefer.
Bake the brownies for 25-30 minutes or until they’re mostly done. The center may appear slightly gooey, but this is normal. The residual heat from the cast iron skillet will continue to cook the brownies after removing them from the oven.
Allow it to cool completely before covering it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Alternatively, transfer individual portions to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven before serving.
More Dessert Recipes To Try
- Zebra Popcorn
- Strawberry Cookies
- Dairy Free Brownies
- Dessert Wontons
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
- Chocolate Cobbler
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate spread (Hershey, Nutella or any brand)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl combine butter, and chocolate spread. Mix until well combined.
- Add eggs, vanilla and sugar, mix well until the eggs are fully incorporated.
- Mix in salt, flour, and cocoa powder until just combined, be careful not to over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spray a 9 inch cast iron skillet with non stick spray. Pour in brownie batter, leave about a 1 inch border around the edge of the pan (the brownies will spread when baking, and this prevents them from getting too crispy on the edges).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until mostly done. The center will appear slightly gooey, but will continue to cook when you take it out of the oven.
- Let cool slightly. Top with ice cream, more chocolate spread, and chocolate chips to serve.
You can let the brownies cool completely, and slice into wedges to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 446Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 79mgSodium 266mgCarbohydrates 59gFiber 3gSugar 42gProtein 6g
I created a fun group on Facebook,and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can
share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and
tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS
recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you
never miss a post!