This skillet beef stroganoff is a quick and easy weeknight meal. All you need is one pan and 20 minutes! Get all the flavor of beef stroganoff in a budget friendly and and easy dinner.
Beef Stroganoff was always a favorite of mine growing up. My mom always made it with strips of steak and tons of mushrooms. We served it over rice and that rich sauce was so delicious.
There are lots of ways to make it easier and more budget friendly like this Ground Beef Stroganoff. Or this skillet beef stroganoff that uses beef ravioli!
As much as I love the classic version, sometimes you just need something quick and easy for a busy weeknight. Which is where this version comes in. All you need is 1 pan and 20 minutes to get dinner on the table!
What’s In Skillet Beef Stroganoff
- Beef Broth
- Frozen Beef Ravioli
- Heavy Cream
- Sour Cream
- Salt & Pepper
How To Make Skillet Beef Stroganoff
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the butter. Once it has melted add the onions and saute for a few minutes until they are soft and tender.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan. Stir to make sure they are coated in the butter. Cook for 5-6 minutes until they are browned.
- Pour in the frozen ravioli and mix everything together. Add in the beef stock and mix well. Cover and let it cook for 5-8 minutes until the ravioli are cooked through.
- Pour in the creamy and mix until everything comes together.
- Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with chopped parsley to serve.
To make this skillet beef stroganoff, the only thing that you need to make sure to have on hand, that might not be a pantry staple, is mushrooms. And if you buy the pre-sliced mushrooms, you have even less prep work. Keep frozen ravioli in your freezer and the rest should be on hand, so you can make this any night of the week.
So much better than relying on take-out or pizza. So keep beef stroganoff ravioli skillet in your back pocket.
What To Serve With Skillet Beef Stroganoff
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Chicken Parmesan Skillet
- Southwest Baked Chicken
- Stir Fry Noodles
- Easy Baked Cod
- Ground Mongolian Beef
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Chicken Tenders
Skillet Beef Stroganoff
This skillet beef stroganoff is a quick and easy weeknight meal. All you need is one pan and 20 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 small Onion, Finely chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) packages mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 (25 ounce) package Frozen Beef Ravioli
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper, To taste
- Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- In a large skillet melt butter until foamy. Add onions and sauté for a few minutes until golden and soft. Add mushrooms and stir until well coated. Brown for 5-6 minutes.
- Pour in ravioli, tossing to mix everything together.
- Add beef stock, mix well. Cover and let cook for 5-8 minutes, or until ravioli are cooked, stirring half way through.
- Pour in cream, mix until well blended. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Adapted from Sweet C's
Amount Per Serving Calories 256Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 81mgSodium 394mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 6g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Check out all of my E-books as well as branded merchandise HERE! Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Beef Stroganoff - March 24, 2023
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Amanda | The Chunky Chef says
This is such a great twist on the classic beef stroganoff!
Heather | Heather Likes Food says
Look good and savory!
I always have these ingredients on hand, even the mushrooms! Beef stroganoff is comfort food to me; I love your quick and easy version!
Renee - Kudos Kitchen says
This recipe is completely inspired and creative! I love stroganoff and I love ravioli. You are a genius my dear!
Lauren @ Healthy Delicious says
WOW! Stroganoff is one of our favorite winter recipes, but making it with ravioli is such a unique idea
Cathy | Lemon Tree Dwelling says
I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever had beef stroganoff…but this skillet looks awesome!!
I love the idea of using ravioli in this recipe! Can’t wait to try!
This is just brilliant! Kudos to you for thinking of it…
I made this for dinner and loved it so much I made it again the next night. Definitely going into the regular rotation!
But I wanted to know how to make the raviolis, not what to add to frozen ones.
Holly N @ Spend With Pennies says
I truly can’t tell you how much I want to dive into this dish! Mushrooms are my favorite… and paired in this amazing pasta dish?? I can’t wait to make it!
No where could I find beef ravioli. I could only find cheese. Sure hope it works out. Making this tonight.
Erin S says
They sell it in the freezer section of the store. I have found it at Walmart, target, Kroger and Safeway stores. Cheese will work, you will just not have the beef flavor for traditional stroganoff.
Jill Clement says
Tried this tonight and it was absolutely delicious. My husband went back for seconds! Thank you for sharing.
This looks like a fantastic meal, and I love that it makes good use of a skillet!
Loving the mushrooms in this. Never would have thought to make it with ravioli.
This was a huge hit for dinner at my house last night! It is really amazing!
We love this recipe, perfect for these busy school nights.
Jeanne Roberts says
How long can you keep the ravioli strogonoff in the refridgerator?
Erin S says