Chicken in Artichoke Pan Sauce – sauteed chicken breasts in a creamy artichoke pan sauce. Ready in minutes and perfect for weeknights!
Being a parent is hard! This has been quite the week, and it is only Wednesday. This whole pre-teen stage is tough, I am not sure what I am going to do once we reach the teen years. They are so grown up, smart, mature, think they know everything. But they are still a kid. My son is almost 11, but man, I think he thinks he is 20 and should be treated as such.
Sometimes, he totally warrants it. Other times? Not so much. This week has been a test, that is for sure, and I am pretty sure I am not doing all the things I should be. So I might go make a pan of brownies and eat my emotions.
I think chicken is probably the most used protein in the US. So I am here today to mix it up, and give you a delicious twist on your chicken dinner. I have made chicken with a pan sauce before, and it is super simple and always a hit.
But this time we are mixing it up with artichokes! My husband and I love artichoke hearts, my 10 year old is hit or miss. He ate around them in this chicken in artichoke pan sauce, and still loved it. So much better than just plain chicken for dinner!
This chicken in artichoke pan sauce looks way fussier than it actually is. This chicken marinates for 30 minutes, and is ready in minutes after that. And is actually really easy. There are a few steps involved, but super simple! I used a jar of artichoke hearts that I drained, but you could use frozen if that is what you have.
The recipe made a lot of sauce, so serve over rice or pasta so you can savor all of that deliciousness. Or serve with crusty bread that you can dip in it. Whatever you do, just add chicken with artichoke pan sauce to your menu soon!
Want more? Check out all of the other One Pan Dinner Recipes here and here are some more you might like:
Skillet Beef Stroganoff
Ham and Cheese Tortellini
One Pot Whole Wheat Pasta with Chicken & Spinach by Cookin’ Canuck
Skillet Eggs with Spinach and Fire Roasted Tomatoes by Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbls flour
- 2 Tbls olive oil , divided
- 1 lemon , zested
- 2 lemons , juiced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 boneless , skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 shallot , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup dry sherry (or cooking sherry)
- 1 (14.75 oz) jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 Tbls chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl whisk together chicken stock and flour. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine 1 Tbls olive oil lemon zest, 1 lemon juiced, and garlic powder. Add chicken, turning to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Add chicken, and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until done. Remove from pan and cover to keep arm.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Swirl remaining 1 Tbls oil to coat the pan. Add shallot and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the sherry. Let simmer for 5 minutes, until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Stir in the chicken stock mixture. Add artichokes and cook for 1 minute, until the sauce starts to thicken. Stir in remaining lemon juice.
- Top with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Recipe Adapted from Cooking Light
Amount Per ServingCalories 551Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 104mgSodium 511mgCarbohydrates 60gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 47g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.