Ham & Cheese Tortellini – use that leftover ham to make this easy creamy tortellini dinner in 20 minutes! Great one pan meal any night of the week!
Do you ever wonder what to do with leftover ham? My family loves Baked Ham, so we don’t always just reserve it for holidays. But it makes way more than we can eat, so I am always on the lookout for what to do with leftover ham. And this cheese tortellini is one of the most requested!
There is almost always enough leftover ham to make this tortellini as well as my husband’s favorite Ham and Bean Soup. I have been known to buy the diced ham at the store just to make this cheese tortellini as well, it is that good!
One pan meals are the best for busy weeknights, and this one is so easy! It is ready in 20 minutes and you can use fresh or frozen ravioli, so there are no excuses.
What You’ll Need To Make This
- Olive Oil
- Diced Ham
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
I almost always have tortellini in my fridge and freezer because it makes for such an easy dinner. Tortellini recipes are so versatile. You can use cheese filled like in this recipe, or meat filled in this Tomato-Basil Tortellini.
Recipes For Leftover Ham
- Creamy Spring Gnocchi
- Ham & Cheese Sliders
- Ham and Cheese Biscuits
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
- Ham and Split Pea Soup
- Crispy Chicken Cordon Bleu
Throw in a few peas into these tortellini recipe and you have a full meal on the table in just minutes. It is great for busy weeknights and the perfect way to use up leftovers.
How to make One Pan Cheese Tortellini
- To heat leftover ham add just a little bit of oil into a skillet and heat over high heat. Add diced ham and onion and let it cook for a few minutes to get a nice golden crust on the ham and the onions are soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for just about a minute, until you can start to smell it. This ensures that it doesn’t burn as the rest onions cook.
- Pour the cheese tortellini and chicken stock into the skillet. Everything cooks together and the pasta gets soft and delicious.
- Once the tortellini is cooked, add the heavy cream, cheese, and the seasonings. You will get a creamy and delicious sauce. Yes, you can use another milk product here, it may just not be as thick and creamy.
- If you want to add peas add them in with the cheese to get them to warm through.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers are great for lunch the next day as well.
More Great Pasta Recipes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups diced ham (approximately 1 pound)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1 pound) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Fresh Parsley
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add ham and onions, saute for 5-6 minutes until onions are tender and the ham is lightly browned.
- Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add tortellini, chicken broth, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes until tortellini is cooked.
- Stir in cheese and heavy cream until melted.
- Serve immediately with toppings if desired
Adapted from Kevin & Amanda
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 380Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 101mgSodium 1289mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 27g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!