Crispy Chicken Cordon Bleu – thin pieces of chicken with slices of Swiss cheese and sliced ham. Roll them up and dip in bread crumbs for a super crispy crust.
Crispy chicken with gooey, melty cheese. That is what is on the menu for today. Are you excited and ready for it? I think that the melty cheese gets people every time. Especially when you can just see it oozing out.
These Crispy Chicken Cordon Bleu roll ups were a huge hit at cooking club last month. A group of about 7 of us meet 1 time a month to eat lunch together and try new recipes. We always have a theme for the month, but I am not very good at playing by the rules. This year each month we are cooking from a new cookbook.
Well I was inspired by a recipe I saw in my Cooking Light magazine, so that was kind of following along. Not the cookbook I was assigned, but no one seemed to mind. The ladies are still talking about the Beef Stroganoff Stuffed Bread I made last time, and that didn’t follow the rules either. So they are used to it.
Chicken Cordon Bleu is a recipe that you can make any night of the week. It is so easy to throw together. I am relatively new to the world of filling chicken. Italian Stuffed Chicken was one of my favorite recipes that I made recently, so I wanted to make something similar with different flavors. And I am loving that this is baked chicken cordon bleu, a lot that I see are fried.
How to Make Chicken Cordon Bleu
- When you are preheating the oven, you want to have your baking dish in the oven getting hot. This will help the chicken start to crisp up as soon as it starts baking.
- Brush both sides of a thin piece of chicken with olive oil and dredge in the bread crumbs to evenly coat.
- Place a slice of ham and cheese on the chicken and roll up. Place seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake until the chicken is mostly cooked, and then you broil for the last couple of minutes to get it nice and golden.
The key to getting the chicken super crispy is starting with a super hot pan as well as the olive oil on the chicken. It helps to get the breadcrumbs to stick and get crispy as it bakes. It only takes a few minutes to cook the chicken since you are using such a high heat.
I love how easy this chicken cordon bleu recipe is to make. I almost always have the ingredients on hand, so it is something that I can make any night of the week.
What to Serve with Chicken Cordon Bleu
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
- Chicken Madeira
- Pasta Milano
- Chicken Fajitas
- Garlic Tomato Baked Chicken
- Sheet Pan Chicken
- Creamy Chicken and Rice
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices ham
- 1/2 cup Italian Panko Crumbs, (or bread crumbs)
- Olive oil
- Place a jelly roll pan in the oven. Preheat to 500 degrees. Leave the pan in the oven while it heats.
- Brush both sides of the chicken with olive oil. Dredge in the bread crumbs.
- Place a piece of ham and a piece of cheese on each piece of chicken. Roll tightly, securing with toothpicks.
- Once the oven is hot, place chicken, seam side down on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Turn on the boiler, and cook for 2 more minutes until browned and chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 510Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 171mgSodium 947mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 62g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!