Pasta Milano Macaroni Grill Copycat – A homemade version of Macaroni Grill’s Pasta Milano. A creamy garlic and sundried tomato sauce, with chicken and mushrooms, over bowtie pasta
Have any of your kids ever done Lego Robotics? Can we just talk for a second about how crazy it is! My son’s school has always had quite a few teams in the past. This year they did not get a teacher willing to take on all the work (I honestly don’t blame them). My son had been looking forward to it for forever, and so had one of his good friends. So we got talking, and after a few meetings we started a team with our son’s friends.
We have eight 4th grade boys on our team. Fortunately, we have been able to meet at the school and use their supplies, or it wouldn’t have happened. But holy cow, is it a lot of work! My husband is the techy guy, so he is helping the kids with the technical and building side of things. We are meeting 3 times a week, and there is so much more involved than just building a robot. This will be an amazing experience for the kids, but I am a little over whelmed with how much we have to accomplish in just 2 months.
I love going out to lunch and dinner. I mean, who doesn’t? But sometimes it is just too much work. Driving there, waiting for a table, all of the other crazy people around, and sometimes having to deal with the sub-par wait staff. So, as much as I like a night off, sometimes I just want to stay home! And I love making some of my favorite restaurant favorites at home! Idaho Nachos from Granite City are always a hit. Or maybe another pasta dish? Copycat Panera Macaroni and Cheese!
When we lived in Minnesota (seems like a lifetime ago) we had a Macaroni Grill in town. It was one of my favorite restaurants. I loved their Pasta Milano. In Iowa we did not have one, and now in Colorado the one in town is less than a stellar location. So I haven’t really been there in a long time. That means I have to make my own version of my favorite Pasta Milano at home! With some Cheesy Garlic Bread on the side for good measure.
My version of Pasta Milano is a little lightened up from the original. Feel free to use more butter and heavy cream if you want it rich and super creamy. I want to be able to enjoy it more often, so I go just a little lighter. It comes together in about 25 minutes too, so it is great for a quick weeknight dinner.
Pasta Milano is a great one skillet meal that the whole family will devour. Plus, the leftovers are great for lunch the next day. I served with a salad and a little crusty bread for a complete meal. Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese is another easy dinner my family goes crazy for.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 pound chicken , cut into bit sized pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes , chopped
- 1 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 Tbls butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbls fresh basil , finely chopped
- 1 pound Farfalle (bowtie pasta)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken, cook for 5-6 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- Return pan to heat. Add mushrooms, onions, garlic, and sun dried tomatoes. Cook until onions are tender and the mushrooms are golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken back to the pan.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup combine half-and-half, butter, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and basil. Pour over chicken and mushroom mixture. Bring to a simmer, stirring to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan, and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately. Top with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.