Pasta Milano Macaroni Grill Copycat – A homemade version of Macaroni Grill’s Pasta Milano. A creamy garlic and sundried tomato sauce, with chicken and mushrooms, over bowtie pasta
I love going out to lunch and dinner. I mean, who doesn’t? But sometimes it is just too much work. Driving there, waiting for a table, all of the other crazy people around, and sometimes having to deal with the sub-par wait staff. So, as much as I like a night off, sometimes I just want to stay home! And I love making some of my favorite restaurant favorites at home!
When we lived in Minnesota (seems like a lifetime ago) we had a Macaroni Grill in town. It was one of my favorite restaurants. I loved their Pasta Milano. In Iowa we did not have one, and now in Colorado the one in town is less than a stellar location. So I haven’t really been there in a long time. That means I have to make my own version of my favorite Pasta Milano at home! With some Cheesy Garlic Bread on the side for good measure.
My version of Pasta Milano is a little lightened up from the original. Feel free to use more butter and heavy cream if you want it rich and super creamy. I want to be able to enjoy it more often, so I go just a little lighter. It comes together in about 25 minutes too, so it is great for a quick weeknight dinner.
Pasta Milano is a great one skillet meal that the whole family will devour. Plus, the leftovers are great for lunch the next day. I served with a salad and a little crusty bread for a complete meal. I am always a sucker for sun-dried tomatoes in a sauce like this Sun Dried Tomato Shrimp Pasta that is so light and creamy.
I love homemade versions of restaurant favorites. It really just means that you can enjoy them more often! It can be drinks, dinners, appetizers, or even desserts. I love making them all, and this pasta milano is such great dinner the whole family enjoys.
Copycat Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade
Copycat Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade – Skip the line at Starbucks and make your own cool and refreshing Iced Passion Tea Lemonade at home! Just a few simple ingredients and you can be enjoying this drink in minutes.
Copycat Red Lobster Tartar Sauce
Copycat Red Lobster Tartar Sauce – Make fish and chips at home and enjoy dipping in a homemade tartar sauce that is a copycat of Red Lobster!
Copycat Granite City Idaho Nachos
Copycat Granite City Idaho Nachos – a restaurant favorite appetizer at home! Crispy waffle fries topped with bacon, green onions and lots of melty cheese!
Copycat Tokyo Joes Chicken Spring Rolls
Copycat Tokyo Joes Chicken Spring Rolls – almost no cooking required to make this easy copy cat recipe for chicken spring rolls.
Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Cheddar Bay Biscuits – a quick and easy homemade Cheddar Bay Biscuit recipe, just like at Red Lobster
Pokey Sticks - Homemade cheese breadsticks that are the perfect addition to your next pizza night!
Cafe Rio Pork
Café Rio pork just like you’d get in the restaurant. Now you can make it at home in your slow cooker!
Cafe Rio Dressing
Cafe Rio dressing you can make at home! Get excited, because it is SO good!
Italian Nachos with SausageContinue Reading
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 pound chicken, , cut into bit sized pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, , chopped
- 1 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 Tbls butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbls fresh basil, , finely chopped
- 1 pound Farfalle, (bowtie pasta)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken, cook for 5-6 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- Return pan to heat. Add mushrooms, onions, garlic, and sun dried tomatoes. Cook until onions are tender and the mushrooms are golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken back to the pan.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup combine half-and-half, butter, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and basil. Pour over chicken and mushroom mixture. Bring to a simmer, stirring to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan, and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately. Top with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Amount Per ServingCalories 623 Saturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 90mg Sodium 257mg Carbohydrates 67g Fiber 4g Sugar 6g Protein 30g