Cheddar Bay Biscuits – a quick and easy homemade Cheddar Bay Biscuit recipe, just like at Red Lobster
I think everyone knows about the infamous Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit. They are light, fluffy, and completely addicting. No matter what, I can’t keep my hand out of the basket when it shows up on the table.
I have tried recipes at home before, but they all called for Bisquick. This time I wanted to start from scratch. These days you can even buy a box mix from the store, but there is just something about homemade! And by now, we all know I am a sucker for Biscuits!
I must say these are pretty darn close to the Red Lobster version. They are super light and fluffy, with a hint of garlic, and just as addicting. Plus they come together very quickly, and bake for just a few minutes. So in a matter for 30 minutes, you can have a batch of these on the table.
I have made these a few times, and they always disappear quickly. They even reheat well, if you have leftovers. They go with just about anything you want to make for dinner. But we love them with Crispy Baked Shrimp. Kind of makes you feel like you are eating out, when really you are eating a quick dinner at home.
I love creating restaurant favorites at home. It is a great way to enjoy the food you like, but at home with ingredients you feel good about. Chicken Lo Mein is a staple in our house, and so much better than take out. You can add the veggies you like, use good quality chicken, and control the salt and other things.
Which is why I like this cheddar bay biscuit recipe. They may not be quite as buttery as the ones at the restaurant (but you could brush more butter on top if you wanted!), but I am ok with that. I get he flavor of my favorite, without the extra calories. And if you want to make your meal complete, don’t miss the Copycat Red Lobster Tartar Sauce!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbls baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup butter, , cold
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and garlic salt.
- Using your fingers, mix in 6 Tbls (cut into small cubes) of the butter. It will take a few minutes to work it in. You want it to be kind of crumbly.
- Add buttermilk, and mix until just combined. The less you handle the dough, the fluffier your biscuit will be.
- Fold in the cheese.
- Drop about 1/4 cup of dough onto a baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake about 15-18 minutes. It will feel firm to the touch, and just starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- Melt remaining 2 Tbls of butter, mix with garlic powder.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits as soon as they come out of the oven with the melted butter.
- Best served warm
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 221 Total Fat 13g Saturated Fat 8g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 34mg Sodium 467mg Carbohydrates 21g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Protein 6g