Easy Biscuit Recipe – these are the perfect homemade biscuits. Light, fluffy, tender, buttery, and delicious. Make in minutes any night of the week.
I love biscuits. Like, seriously love biscuits. When I was in high school I worked at Hardee’s. Back then we made the biscuits from scratch every day, multiple times a day. And more than once I was the one that made them.
You would think that would have killed my love, but it didn’t. There is just something about soft and flaky homemade biscuits. But sometimes they can take awhile, or don’t turn out perfectly. So this drop biscuit recipe is perfect for making at home quickly.
This summer I had the chance to go to Kansas with Certified Angus Beef. There, we had a dinner out on the prairie cooked by Chef Kent Rollins. You may have seen him on Food Network. In the afternoon before dinner, we had a homemade biscuits competition. There we used a sour dough starter to make them, made the tradition fluffy biscuits shape, and they were cooked over an open fire.
Well at home, I am all about easy. So this drop biscuit recipe is more my speed. This is similar to the baking powder biscuits that everyone grew up with and knows. But better. The tops are brushed with butter after they come out of the oven to give them a little something special. Or you could try homemade Cheddar Bay Biscuits too!
This easy biscuit recipe comes together in about 5 minutes, and then you just bake them. So they can be made any night of the week. I like to serve with our favorite soups, chilis or even stew!
Just look at these babies – baked to golden brown perfection. Plus so flaky and light on the inside. It really doesn’t get any better than this.
How To Make Biscuits
- The dry ingredients all get mixed together first in a large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and you want to mix until it is just barely combined. The key to light and fluffy biscuits it not mixing them too much. If you handle the dough too much the biscuits become tough.
- To make these easy drop biscuit recipe, I use an ice cream scoop to drop balls of dough onto a baking tray. This also ensures that the dough is not handled very much.
- Bake the biscuits until they are golden and light and fluffy. As soon as they come out of the oven brush with melted butter.
You can put dinner in the crock pot in the morning, like this Ham & Bean Soup. Then when you come home, you can whip these up in 15 minutes. and dinner is done! A perfect comforting meal any night of the week.
I love this easy biscuit recipe made with buttermilk for a little bit of tang in the background, but if you don’t have any, don’t worry. They work with any kind of milk and are just as flaky and tasty. So the next time you are looking for a quick side dish, remember these homemade biscuits!
What to Serve Biscuits With
More Great Bread Recipes
- Garlic Knots
- Olive Garden Breadsticks
- Pokey Sticks
- Best Cornbread
- Italian Cheese Pull Apart Bread
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbls baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk, (buttermilk works too)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbls butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease or spray a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking pwoder, sugar, and salt. Mix in butter and milk until just barely combined.
- Using 2 spoons, scoop and drop balls of batter onto the prepared baking sheet. Leave about 2 inches between each biscuit.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately brush with melted butter.
Adapted from Allrecipes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 174Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 27mgSodium 176mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!