French Onion Pork Chops – all the flavors of french onion soup in a complete pork chop and stuffing dinner. Quick, easy, and on the table in minutes!
What a great weekend! We spent Saturday in Denver watching my son’s team compete in the state Lego Robotics competition. They boys did really well, and they got to see some other great teams compete. I think they had a lot of fun, and are already talking about if they want to do it again next year in middle school. Then we drove up to Estes Park and celebrated Christmas with my family. We went sledding in the mountains, played in the snow, ate great food, played games, and spent time together. Thankfully my husband and son have off today, so we don’t have to rush back to reality.
One of my husband’s favorite soups of all time is French onion soup. I made it for him every once in awhile, but it is nice to get those flavors in other meals as well (like French Onion Mac n’ Cheese). The one thing about French onion soup is there is no meat or real protein, so it doesn’t really fill you up. So I decided to turn a pork chop and stuffing meal into all the flavors of his favorite soup. French onion pork chops take a little help with a box of store bought stuffing mix. But you doctor up the flavors and you get a hearty and satisfying meal.
I have made these French onion pork chops a few times. My family loves stuffing, so my son requests this often. Everything comes together in one skillet which is really nice, and unlike French onion soup, is ready in minutes. All you have to do is brown the pork chops and saute the onions together. Then mix in the stuffing, top with cheese and melt. All the flavors of your favorite soup in complete meal. Serve with some veggies on the side and you are good to go! Add this French Onion Pork Chop recipe to your menu and your family will not be disappointed.
- 4 pork chops
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 1 Tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can condensed French onion soup
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 box stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet swirl olive oil around the pan. Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper. Add pork chops and onions to the pan. Brown the pork chops for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan, and continue cooking the onions until soft.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and can of soup. Add pork back to the pan and simmer until cooked through.
- Meanwhile combine water and stuffing mix in a bowl. Spoon around the pork chops.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes until cheese is melted and stuffing is done.
Be sure to follow along on Pinterest where I am always pinning new recipes!