Creamy Mushroom Pasta – a luscious and creamy mushroom sauce tossed with pasta. Ready in just minutes so it is perfect for busy weeknights!
I am all about quick and easy dinners. And when it involves a creamy pasta I am even happier. It can have spice like this Creamy Cajun Pasta or it can be your basic alfredo. Doesn’t matter, I pretty much love it all!
The really nice thing about this creamy mushroom pasta is how quick and easy it is to make. In the time it takes the boil the pasta, your mushroom pasta sauce is ready and dinner can be on the table. Perfect for busy nights.
For this mushroom pasta I used baby bella mushrooms, and a lot of them. I used a full pound of mushrooms. That is either 2 of the smaller containers at the store, or 1 of the larger ones. Mushrooms cook down so much when you saute them, I wanted to make sure there was plenty of them to go around. Nothing annoys me more than when a dish says it has mushrooms in it, and you get maybe 3 bites with it.
You can use whatever your favorite mushrooms are for this recipe. If you have white button mushrooms, then go for it. Crimini mushrooms would also be great. I love mushrooms and could eat them with just about anything. Check how this How To Cook Mushrooms for a few great tips to make sure they are perfect every time.
How to Make Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- The first step is to cook the mushrooms. I like to saute the mushrooms in a combination of butter and olive oil for the most flavor.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked add in the white wine and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for a couple minutes as it cooks down slightly. If you do not have white wine or don’t want to use it, you can just use more chicken broth.
- Next pour in the heavy cream and let it simmer. The cream with thicken and make a delicious sauce.
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Toss with pasta and top with additional Parmesan cheese when serving.
What Pasta to Use?
When I am making a cream sauce I like to use a longer flat pasta like fettuccine or linguine. There is so much for the sauce to cling onto it is delicious! You really can use whatever pasta you have, so if all you have is penne, then go for it!
This mushroom pasta recipe is meat free, but you can easily add pieces of chicken if you want to bulk it up more. It is not often that I can get my family to go meat free for a night, but pasta is such a great way to do it. Plus it is definitely a more budget friendly meal you can make to feed a crowd.
Serve this pasta with a salad or even crusty bread to soak up any sauce left behind for an easy dinner any night of the week.
Do you Love Mushrooms?
- Skillet Beef Stroganoff Ravioli – Use beef ravioli to make this stroganoff not only fast and easy but budget friendly
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms – seriously one of my favorite appetizers
- Hamburger Steaks with Mushrooms Gravy – budget friendly dinner that is ready in minutes
- Creamy Stovetop Chicken & Rice – a quick and easy take on what mom used to make
- Smothered Pork Chops – a creamy mushroom gravy over pork chops is amazing
- Pappardelle Pasta in Mushroom Sauce – a delicious red sauce with pasta and mushrooms