Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy -easy comfort food that won’t break the bank! Rich mushroom gravy over tender hamburger steaks is a great weeknight dinner.
Weeknights are busy all year round. Doesn’t matter if it is the middle of summer or the middle of December, life is crazy. So easy dinner ideas are necessary every night of the year. This hamburger steak recipe is one of my favorite go-tos.
A hamburger steak with gravy is a classic comfort food that I am sure we all grew up with. This hamburger steak recipe is made with a mushroom gravy, and you don’t have to feel guilty eating it. Plus it gets on the table in minutes. And if you like a mushroom gravy then you have to see these chicken breasts – so good!
I have a ton of one pot meals on here already, because we pretty much live off them. Hamburger steak with mushroom gravy is another staple, that everyone can make. So easy, even the kids could help or do it on their own.
This dish is also made completely in one pan, but you still need a side dish to go with it, so I am not calling it a one pan meal this time. But everything you see here, is all done in a skillet. Hamburger steaks with mushroom gravy is a super easy, comforting, and a great dinner. When I was a kid my mom always made salisbury steak or meatloaf, neither of which I was a huge fan of.
How to make Hamburger Steaks
- Start with ground beef. This uses a lean ground beef to make it healthier, but if you aren’t counting calories or don’t care, you can use an 85% lean cut.
- Mix in seasoning. Hamburger steaks don’t have much for seasoning. I add a little oil to this to get just a little fat in there, but really just some salt and pepper. You want it to be reminiscent of a steak after all, so you don’t need much.
- Shape into patties. It is very much like making a hamburger, so just shape and then you cook in a skillet. Can’t get much easier.
My family loves a perfectly grilled ribeye, but they aren’t always the most affordable dinner. But this time we are using ground beef, which gives you a lot of the same flavor but not all the cost. Plus the mushroom gravy on top just makes it incredible!
What Goes with Hamburger Steaks
And if you love mushrooms as much as I do, don’t be afraid to make extra! And check out my tips on How to Cook Mushrooms perfectly every time.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
- Turkey Meatloaf
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
- Meatball Subs
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Taco Frito Pie
- Creamy Chicken and Rice
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbls olive oil, , divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, (crimini, or baby bella), sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbls flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix together ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, 1 1/2 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 Tbls olive oil, swirling to coat. Add hamburger patties, and cook for 3 minutes each side. Remove from the pan.
- Add 2 tsp olive oil to the pan. Mix in mushrooms, and cook for 2-3 minutes until they are starting to brown.
- In a small bowl mix chicken stock and flour together.
- Add chicken stock mixture, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Add hamburger steaks back to the pan. Cook for 4 more minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Cooking Light http://www.cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder/essential-weeknight-recipes/burger-steaks-with-mushroom-gravy-weeknight
Amount Per ServingCalories 277Saturated Fat 3gCholesterol 72mgSodium 803mgCarbohydrates 8gSugar 2gProtein 27g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!