Frito Pie Recipe – a Frito taco pie recipe that is great for busy weeknights. Delicious comfort food that the whole family love.
When I was growing up we had a few staples that made appearances every week. Saturday night was homemade pizza, and Sunday was Mexican night. Enchiladas were one of our favorites that we had often.
And whenever my aunt and uncle were around we had this Frito pie recipe. I think the first time that we had this was at my aunt’s house and we all loved it. It is great to make for a crowd, so it was a staple whenever family was visiting. Casseroles are always a good idea when you have a bunch of people to feed! This Beef and Noodle Casserole is such an easy one to make and you can double it without a problem if you need more.
How to Make Frito Pie
- Start by browning the ground beef and onions together.
- Mix in the taco seasoning. Skip the step of adding the water, just mix in the seasoning until the meat is well coated.
- Pour in corn, tomatoes, and beans to combine everything
- Pour about 3/4 bag of Fritos into the bottom of a casserole dish, top with meat mixture
- Sprinkle on plenty of cheese! I like to use about 1 1/2 cups to evenly coat everything. You can go lighter or heavier, that is up to you.
- Bake until the cheese is melty!
Fritos might be my all time favorite chip, so it is no surprise that I am a fan of this Frito pie. I like to reserve about 1/4 of the bag of chips to top each portion when you serve it. You can also top with your favorite taco toppings. I will take pretty much any excuse to use Fritos like Chicken Enchilada Chili.
Sour cream is my favorite, but lettuce, black olives, avocado, and tomatoes make a great choice as well. We are a huge fan of anything with Mexican flavors, so it should come as no surprise that this is a hit at our house. Mexican Skillet Potatoes are on the menu at least monthly!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Cheeseburger Pizza
- Ham & Cheese Sliders
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Baja Shrimp Tacos
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 10-ounce can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 15 ounce can Ranch Style Beans
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 1 10.25 oz bag Fritos
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread 3/4 of the bag of Fritos in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion until fully cooked and onions are soft.
- Mix in taco seasoning until well blended.
- Add diced tomatoes, beans and corn. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour over fritos and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the cheese over the beef mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve topped with additional Fritos and your favorite taco toppings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 868Total Fat 50gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 114mgSodium 1878mgCarbohydrates 64gFiber 8gSugar 7gProtein 42g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!