Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta – get dinner on the table fast with this easy pasta dish that is loaded with creamy ranch dressing, chicken, bacon and cheese!
This post is sponsored by Marie’s Dressing. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Chicken, bacon, and ranch are a combination that really can’t be beat. Creamy ranch just brings it all together and then you top with cheese and it is pure dinner heaven!
It isn’t often that you can get a meal on the table the whole family likes, but this is definitely one of them! Plus, it is quick and easy to make.
To make this pasta over the top I used Marie’s Creamy Ranch Dressing. It is indulgent, super creamy, and not just for your salad! It coats the pasta perfectly and makes for a delectable sauce you will absolutely love.
Plus, this Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta recipe comes together in under 30 minutes, so even when you are busy you can get a tasty meal on the table and enjoy dinner no matter what is going on!
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
- Short Cut Pasta
- Chicken Breast
- Chicken Broth
- Marie’s Creamy Ranch Dressing
- Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Cook your favorite short cut pasta (penne, rotini, bowtie etc.) according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon until it is crispy. Remove it from the pan and set aside. Drain most of the grease leaving about 1 – 2 teaspoons behind.
- In the bacon grease brown the chicken for 5-6 minutes until it is mostly cooked. Remove it from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Next you make your sauce by adding chicken brown, garlic powder and Marie’s Creamy Ranch Dressing to the skillet. Whisk it together and simmer for 4-5 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Add the chicken, pasta, and bacon (reserve just a little bit for topping at the end) back to the pan and mix it all together.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and cover to let it melt. During this time the sauce with thicken as well.
- Once the cheese is melted sprinkle over the remaining bacon and a little parsley to serve.
- If you are short on time you can use rotisserie chicken. Just shred or cut up what you need (about 1 1/2 cups) and add it to the pan with the cooked pasta.
- Use your favorite cut of pasta! Penne, Bowtie, Rotini, Shells and even Elbow Macaroni would be great with this.
- Mix up the cheese! I used just cheddar cheese but a mix of cheddar and mozzarella or whatever your favorite cheese is, would be delicious.
- Shred your own cheese. Using a block of cheese vs the pre-shredded stuff leads to it melting better, better flavor and just creamier and more delicious dish!
- If your sauce appears runny when you add the pasta don’t worry. It will thicken up as the cheese melts and it continues to cook. If it is still runny at that point, remove it from the heat and let it stand for 3 minutes before serving.
What To Do With Leftovers
This will last covered in an air tight container for 3-4 days in the fridge. It does make for a tasty lunch the next day!
You can freeze this in single portions or as a whole dish for a make ahead meal. Beware that creamy sauces change texture slightly when they are frozen. It will still taste delicious, just not be exactly the same as when you enjoy it right when it is made.
Just let it thaw in the fridge overnight before serving. You can warm it through in a 350º F oven until it is hot in the center, about 30 minutes.
More Delicious Dinner Recipe Ideas
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Easy Sesame Chicken
- Stir Fry Noodles
- Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
- Baja Shrimp Tacos
- 8 oz short cut pasta
- 4 strips of bacon, but into small pieces
- 3/4 pound chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Marie's Creamy Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and discard all but 1-2 teaspoons of bacon grease.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in skillet, over high heat, for 5-6 minute until browned and mostly cooked through. Remove from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Pour chicken broth, ranch dressing, and garlic powder into the large skillet and bring to a simmer. Cook for 4-5 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Add cooked pasta, chicken, and most of the bacon (reserve a few pieces for topping at the end) and mix until everything is well coated.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top, cover and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with reserved bacon and parsley if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 659Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 128mgSodium 1133mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 41g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!