Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce – the ultimate cream sauce with lots of roasted garlic. So creamy, full of flavor and makes for the best pasta sauce ever!
This is probably my family’s favorite sauce for pasta ever! It was originally from Roasted Garlic White Chicken Pizza and just developed into the best sauce ever.
If you have never made roasted garlic, be sure to check out my instructions for How To Roast Garlic. It is so versatile and takes garlic to a whole new level for you.
So this cream sauce isn’t alfredo, it is similar, but not the same. Alfredo has a lot more Parmesan cheese and not nearly as much garlic, let alone roasted garlic. Garlic cream sauce does have Parmesan cheese, but not a lot of it. Basically enough to help thicken the sauce. Feel free to add plenty on top of your plate of pasta!
Our favorite ways to enjoy garlic cream sauce is over ravioli or other pasta. There is just something about fresh ravioli or tortellini with a creamy white sauce and garlic bread. Total indulgent comfort food at its finest.
What Do You Need To Make Garlic Cream Sauce
- Roasted Garlic
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
How To Make Garlic Cream Sauce
- Use a knife to chop and smear cloves of roasted garlic until it forms almost a paste.
- Melt a little butter into the bottom of a saucepan and sauté garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add in heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper to the pan and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes until it is thick and creamy.
Cream sauce from scratch is a must try and so easy to make. There is an extra step with having to roast the garlic, but it really isn’t any more work than opening a jar of sauce and heating it.
Even though you are making this garlic cream sauce from scratch, it is not exactly healthy. It uses heavy cream, so it is definitely indulgent. There is just a tiny but of butter to help sauté the garlic, but the cream is definitely high in calories an fat. So this is a “everything in moderation” recipe. We always serve with bread on the side, and use the bread to get any of the sauce left on our plates, because trust me it is just that good!
More Pasta Recipes
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- Pasta Milano
- Speedy Shrimp Pasta
- One Pot Chicken Spinach Alfredo
- 8 clove roasted garlic, minced
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Pour in heavy cream, and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Let simmer over low heat for 5-7 minutes until it is thick and creamy.
- Pour over pasta and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 207Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 62mgSodium 241mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook,and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can
share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and
tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS
recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you
never miss a post!