Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, are you ready? I am not usually that into the holiday. I am horrible with crafts, so I don’t get into all the cute and fun ideas (although sometimes I wish I did). What I am into though? Any excuse to eat chocolate. Let’s face it, Valentine’s Day is pretty much all about chocolate. So that is what I am sharing with you today. #SundaySupper is going Valentine’s on you today, and I am bringing chocolate.
I adapted my tried and true Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe to use brown butter. Then I topped it with some festive red M&M’s. Topping cookies with M&M’s is pretty much a regular occurrence at my house. Like I said before, I like chocolate 🙂 You can buy Valentine’s M&M’s at the store right now, or make them with whatever color you want. But trust me, you should make them!
I always have cookie dough in my freezer. I make a batch of it, then only bake what I need right away. I scoop balls of dough onto a baking sheet, then put it in the freezer for an hour. Once they are frozen, I put them in a zip lock bag. Then anytime a cookie craving hits, I can just bake up what I need. This is a great tip if you are anything like me, and can’t stay out of the cookie jar!
- 1 cup brown butter (great recipe here)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup M&M's
- Prepare brown butter and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix brown butter, sugar and brown sugar together until well combined.
- Add vanilla and 2 eggs. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Scoop golf ball size balls of dough onto a baking sheet. Top with a few M&M's.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely
Amount Per ServingCalories 135Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 25mgSodium 148mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 11gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.