Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, are you ready? I am not usually that into the holiday. I am horrible with crafts, so I don’t get into all the cute and fun ideas (although sometimes I wish I did). What I am into though? Any excuse to eat chocolate. Let’s face it, Valentine’s Day is pretty much all about chocolate. So that is what I am sharing with you today. #SundaySupper is going Valentine’s on you today, and I am bringing chocolate.
I adapted my tried and true Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe to use brown butter. Then I topped it with some festive red M&M’s. Topping cookies with M&M’s is pretty much a regular occurrence at my house. Like I said before, I like chocolate 🙂 You can buy Valentine’s M&M’s at the store right now, or make them with whatever color you want. But trust me, you should make them!
I always have cookie dough in my freezer. I make a batch of it, then only bake what I need right away. I scoop balls of dough onto a baking sheet, then put it in the freezer for an hour. Once they are frozen, I put them in a zip lock bag. Then anytime a cookie craving hits, I can just bake up what I need. This is a great tip if you are anything like me, and can’t stay out of the cookie jar!
- 1 cup brown butter (great recipe here)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup M&M's
- Prepare brown butter and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix brown butter, sugar and brown sugar together until well combined.
- Add vanilla and 2 eggs. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Scoop golf ball size balls of dough onto a baking sheet. Top with a few M&M's.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely
Amount Per ServingCalories 135 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 25mg Sodium 148mg Carbohydrates 18g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 11g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 1g