Roasted Garlic, Chicken & Herb White Pizza – Roasted garlic sauce topped with chicken, red onions, and herbs. A great white chicken pizza that will rival any pizza out there!
The name of this pizza is kind of a mouthful, but I just didn’t want to leave anything out. I call it Roasted Garlic White Chicken Pizza for short. It isn’t just your average white pizza sauce, so it needs to be noted that it uses roasted garlic!
That is what makes it over the top after all. I don’t think I use enough roasted garlic in my life. I put garlic in pretty much everything! Garlic Baked Chicken is perfect if you are a garlic lover!
Often times white pizza is over the top heavy with calories and fat. This white pizza recipe uses skim milk and a little half and half to make it super creamy, but not something you have to feel guilty about. Save the Best Pan Pizza for your splurge night for sure! And trust me, this roasted garlic white chicken pizza tastes incredible.
I brought this to cooking club a few weeks ago, and everyone loved it. They requested I bring some kind of pizza every month. Apparently between this and the potato pizza, I have made an impression.
To make this pizza a little healthier I also cut down on the cheese by quite a bit. You don’t want to cover up the flavor of the roasted garlic, so you only need a little. And those fresh herbs give it lots of flavor without any guilt.
Serve this with a side salad, or this antipasto salad and you have a healthy and delicious dinner. This white pizza sauce is one of our favorite sauces. We often use it over ravioli for dinner. And it is great in this Ham and Mushroom pizza as well! If it was acceptable to just drink this sauce, I probably would. It is so good!
How to Make White Pizza Sauce
- First you need to melt the butter and then saute the minced roasted garlic for just a couple minutes.
- Add in the flour and stir until all the flour is blended with the butter and light golden brown.
- Whisk in the milk and half and half until smooth. I use a combination of milk and half and half and half to make it a little better for you. You can really use any combination or milk, cream or half and half that you want.
- Season with pepper and let the sauce simmer until it thickens slightly.
- Finally mix in the Parmesan cheese.
What Toppings Go Well with White Pizza Sauce
You really can’t go wrong with anything! If it goes on a traditional red sauce pizza it will probably be great on a white pizza as well. But I do have some favorites! Chicken and pretty much any kind of vegetable are delicious! Broccoli, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes or spinach are some of my favorites. You can also do shrimp or bacon for a protein that is absolutely delicious!
How to Store White Pizza Sauce
If you have leftovers you and easily store this sauce in the fridge or freezer. It will last a few days in the fridge in an air tight container. It also is great on pasta, so if you want to make extra, it definitely won’t go to waste! You can even freeze this white sauce! Make sure the sauce is completely cooled and store in an air tight container. It will last for a couple months until your next pizza night! Nothing beats homemade pizza!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 Tbls butter
- 8 cloves roasted garlic, , minced
- 2 Tbls all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cup boneless skinless chicken breast, , cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, , diced
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, , chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbls fresh parsley, , chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a siplat liner, or grease and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Saute roasted garlic for 1 minute.
- Add flour, and mix until well blended. Cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and half and half. Mix in the pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat, and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spread dough into roughly a 12 inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread white cause over the dough. Top with chicken, red onions and cheese.
- Bake for 17 minutes, or until the crust is golden, and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with herbs. Cut and serve immediately.
Adapted from Cooking Light
Amount Per ServingCalories 350 Saturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 47mg Sodium 777mg Carbohydrates 43g Fiber 1g Sugar 6g Protein 20g