Roasted Garlic, Chicken & Herb White Pizza – Roasted garlic sauce topped with chicken, red onions, and herbs. A great white chicken pizza that will rival any pizza out there!
The name of this pizza is kind of a mouthful, but I just didn’t want to leave anything out. I call it Roasted Garlic White Chicken Pizza for short. It isn’t just your average white pizza sauce, so it needs to be noted that it uses roasted garlic!
If you have never roasted garlic before don’t worry! I have a post for How To Roast Garlic that will walk you through it. It is super simple.
Often times white pizza is over the top heavy with calories and fat. This white pizza recipe uses skim milk and a little half and half to make it super creamy, but not something you have to feel guilty about.
To make the sauce you really can use whatever milk product you have. I like to use the lower fat kind, so it is lower in calories. But heavy cream would make it over the top rich and delicious. So whatever you have works.
To make this pizza a little healthier I also cut down on the cheese by quite a bit. You don’t want to cover up the flavor of the roasted garlic, so you only need a little. And those fresh herbs give it lots of flavor without any guilt.
What To Serve With Pizza
How to Make White Pizza Sauce
- First you need to melt the butter and then sauté the minced roasted garlic for just a couple minutes.
- Add in the flour and stir until all the flour is blended with the butter and light golden brown.
- Whisk in the milk and half and half until smooth. I use a combination of milk and half and half and half to make it a little better for you. You can really use any combination or milk, cream or half and half that you want.
- Season with pepper and let the sauce simmer until it thickens slightly, and then mix in the Parmesan cheese.
- Spread your pizza crust onto a prepared baking sheet and then spread the sauce over the crust.
- Top with the chicken, chopped onions and cheese and then bake until the cheese is melted and golden and the crust is done.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh herbs before slicing to serve.
What Toppings Go Well with White Pizza Sauce
You really can’t go wrong with anything! If it goes on a traditional red sauce pizza it will probably be great on a white pizza as well. But I do have some favorites!
- Fresh Tomatoes
How to Store White Pizza Sauce
If you have leftovers you and easily store this sauce in the fridge or freezer. It will last a few days in the fridge in an air tight container. It also is great on pasta, so if you want to make extra, it definitely won’t go to waste!
You can even freeze this white sauce! Make sure the sauce is completely cooled and store in an air tight container. It will last for a couple months until your next pizza night! Nothing beats homemade pizza!
More Tasty Dinner Recipes
- Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
- Easy Baked Cod
- Fiesta Lime Chicken
- Grilled Turkey Tenderloin
Roasted Garlic White Chicken Pizza
Roasted garlic sauce topped with chicken, red onions, and herbs. A healthier alternative to pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 8 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cup boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a siplat liner, or grease and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Saute roasted garlic for 1 minute.
- Add flour, and mix until well blended. Cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and half and half. Mix in the pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat, and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spread dough into roughly a 12 inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread white sauce over the dough. Top with chicken, red onions and cheese.
- Bake for 17 minutes, or until the crust is golden, and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with herbs. Cut and serve immediately.
Adapted from Cooking Light
Amount Per Serving Calories 510Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 53mgSodium 499mgCarbohydrates 72gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 26g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
- 4th Of July Poke Cake - June 6, 2023
- Strawberry Jelly - June 5, 2023
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla - June 2, 2023
Thursday 7th of July 2022
Always looking for ways to use Costco roasted chicken. I used whole milk, Penzeys granulated roasted garlic and lots of fresh from the garden basil cut into ribbons. Enjoyed by all.
Saturday 2nd of April 2022
I made this awhile back and it was amazing
Thursday 15th of April 2021
I have been looking for a new pizza recipe! This one is it! So glad I found this!
Thursday 15th of April 2021
This pizza looks great! Getting on my dinner menu this week!
Wednesday 14th of April 2021
Yummy! My hubby and I love this pizza for our pizza nights! So delicious and full of flavor! Making this again soon!