Roasted Garlic, Chicken & Herb White Pizza – Roasted garlic sauce topped with chicken, red onions, and herbs. A healthier alternative to traditional pizza
The name of this pizza is kind of a mouthful, but I just didn’t want to leave anything out. I call it Roasted Garlic White Chicken Pizza for short. This week for #SundaySupper we are going skinny! That is right, we are bringing you TONS of recipes that are all good for you! Sunithi from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz is hosting this fun event.
You may think it is strange that we are doing a skinny event, and I am making pizza. But I am a firm believer of “all things in moderation”. And just because you are trying to eat healthier, doesn’t mean you can’t have good tasting food.
And trust me, this roasted garlic white chicken pizza tastes incredible. I brought this to cooking club a few weeks ago, and everyone loved it. They requested I bring some kind of pizza every month. Apparently between this and the potato pizza, I have made an impression.
To make this pizza a little healthier I cut down on the cheese by quite a bit. You don’t want to cover up the flavor of the roasted garlic, so you only need a little.
To make the cream sauce, I used a mixture of skim milk and half and half. Roasted garlic has so much flavor, you want to let it shine through. The red onions and the herbs give it a fresh and bright flavor. Serve this with a side salad, or this antipasto salad and you have a healthy and delicious dinner.
Here are a few of my favorite kitchen items I used to make this recipe
Sheet Pans: A good quality, durable sheet pan is great for baking cookies, roasting veggies, or full sheet pan dinner. These are my favorite kind and have been using them for years.
Rolling Pin: I love my wooden rolling pin. I actually bought one like this years ago and love it. This is not something I would go really cheap on because it will end up being hard to use.
Pizza Cutter – whether you are making homemade pizza, frozen pizza, or even just getting take out; a heavy duty, good quality pizza cutter is a must in every kitchen.
Silicone Baking Mats – I love these for baking cookies, pizza, bread, and just about anything else. Nothing sticks, and clean up is a breeze!
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 Tbls butter
- 8 cloves roasted garlic , minced
- 2 Tbls all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cup boneless skinless chicken breast , cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion , diced
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme , chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbls fresh parsley , chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a siplat liner, or grease and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Saute roasted garlic for 1 minute.
- Add flour, and mix until well blended. Cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and half and half. Mix in the pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat, and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spread dough into roughly a 12 inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread white cause over the dough. Top with chicken, red onions and cheese.
- Bake for 17 minutes, or until the crust is golden, and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with herbs. Cut and serve immediately.