Red Velvet Pancakes – light and fluffy pancakes with a hit of chocolate and a cream cheese glaze. Enjoy the taste of dessert for breakfast with these fun pancakes!
Red velvet seems to have seasons that people are attracted to it. I guess that is because of the red color so lots of people think it is good for Christmas and Valentine’s Day. And while I don’t disagree, I am all for red velvet all year round!
I am a huge chocolate lover, so the hint of chocolate is always going to be a win for me. Plus the cream cheese frosting (or in this case glaze over the top) is the perfect pairing.
This red velvet pancake recipe is a variation of my normal pancake recipe. It is a great base that I like to mix up, add in chocolate chips, or sprinkles, and just make different versions of.
What You’ll Need for Red Velvet Pancakes
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- White Vinegar
- Red Food Coloring
Cream Cheese Glaz
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
How To Make Red Velvet Pancakes
- In one bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients until they are well blended.
- In a large liquid measuring cup whisk together all of the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until everything is just combined.
- Scoop the batter onto a hot griddle or skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until tiny bubbles start to form on the stop. Flip and then cook for 2 more minutes on the other side.
- To make the glaze beat together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Mix in powdered sugar, vanilla and milk to get a nice drizzle-able consistency. You can adjust the amount of milk as necessary.
- Serve hot pancakes with a drizzle of the cream cheese glaze and top with some white chocolate chips if you want to make it fun!
How To Freeze Pancakes
Pancakes are a great thing to make ahead and freezer for later as well. So if you have leftovers arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for a couple hours until they are solid. Then place them in a freezer safe storage bag and you have breakfast in just minutes any day of the week!
So whether you want to celebrate Valentine’s Day with red pancakes or just have a lazy Saturday morning with something new and fun, these are a must try! If you are a fan of red velvet you are going to love these!
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
- Chocolate Waffles
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Sourdough French Toast
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
- No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
- Birthday Cake Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 whole large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp red food coloring
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk, (approx)
- Preheat electric griddle or a large skillet to medium heat.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a large measuring cup mix together buttermilk, egg, vanilla, and vinegar. Add food coloring, and stir until combined.
- Pour milk into flour mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until lots of tiny bubbles appear on the surface. Flip, and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
- To prepare the cream cheese glaze; In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend cream cheese and butter together until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add sugar, vanilla and milk. Mix until well combined and the desired consistency. Use additional milk if necessary.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 474Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 95mgSodium 694mgCarbohydrates 68gFiber 1gSugar 40gProtein 9g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!