Birthday Cake Pancakes – These funfetti pancakes are such a fun way to start the day! They are great for birthdays or to just brighten your Tuesday!
I am pretty sure sprinkles make everything better! And when you can have them for breakfast it is the best way to start the day!
These funfetti pancakes are such a fun way to celebrate a birthday. I mean who doesn’t love the idea of birthday cake for breakfast. They are also a fun way to just brighten any day of the week or start your weekend off with a bang.
These are a fun and easy pancake recipe that is just a twist on your classic. They have your traditional ingredients plus a little bit of cake mix and sprinkles! You can serve them with syrup or go all out and use the glaze to make them more like a birthday cake!
Pancakes are one of the easiest things to make ahead and have in the freezer. All you have t do is take any leftovers and place them in a single layer on a baking tray. Place that in the freezer for a couple hours and then put the pancakes into a freezer safe plastic bag.
On busy mornings then all you have to do is take out what you want and microwave for a minute and you are done! Perfect easy breakfast for busy mornings.
Funfetti Pancake Ingredients
- All Purpose Flour
- Yellow Cake Mix (White or Funfetti works great too)
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
How To Make Funfetti Pancakes
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix together all the wet ingredients in a liquid measuring cup until the are well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until they are just combined.
- Add the sprinkles and fold them in.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot surface and cook for 2-3 minute until tiny bubbles form on the surface. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve topped with the glaze (just mix those ingredients together until they are the right consistency to drizzle over the pancakes).
These birthday cake pancakes are such a fun treat to make any day special and really not any harder to make that traditional pancakes!
- To get light and fluffy pancakes be careful not to over mix your batter. That means when you mix the wet and dry ingredients together stop mixing as soon as there are no more white streaks from the flour.
- Do not press down on your pancakes when you flip them. This is something so many people do. They flip the pancake and then use the spatula to press down. All this does is makes them more dense and not nearly as fluffy as they should be. Let the baking powder do its job and make them thick and fluffy.
- Use good quality sprinkles so the color doesn’t bleed when you mix them into the batter.
- Feel free to use other mix-ins and toppings. White chocolate chips would be amazing in these. Top with fresh fruit (berries, bananas) or even whipped cream.
More Fun Breakfast Recipes
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Red Velvet Pancakes
- Nutella Muffins
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Chocolate Waffles
- Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
- Homemade Donuts
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cake mix (white or funfetti works too)
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk (approximate)
- 3 Tbsp sprinkles
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Whisk together flour, cake mix, baking powder, sugar and salt .
- In a liquid measuring cup mix together 1 cup of milk, egg and vanilla extract and stir until smooth. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add more milk as necessary to get to a regular pancake consistency.
- Fold in sprinkles.
- To prepare the glaze mix together powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Start with 1/2 Tbsp milk, and add more to get to a smooth thin consistency.
- Heat large non stick skillet or griddle over medium heat, or preheat griddle. Pour 1/4 of batter onto heated surface and cook until bubbles start to form on the top (2-3 minutes). Flip and cook for another minute.
- To serve top with glaze and additional sprinkles.
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
Amount Per Serving Calories 368Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 71mgSodium 441mgCarbohydrates 69gFiber 1gSugar 34gProtein 9g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!