Barbecue Grilled Turkey Tenderloin – Grilled turkey tenderloin seasoned with a smoky rub and grilled to perfection. Coated in your favorite barbecue sauce for the perfect summer meal.
This post is sponsored by the National Turkey Federation. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Turkey isn’t just for Thanksgiving, there are so many ways to enjoy it all year round. I love using it in recipes like my Lemon Turkey Cutlets, because it is low in calories and full of protein, where there is absolutely no guilt just deliciousness.
In fact June is Turkey Lovers’ Month, so I think we should celebrate it with this turkey tenderloin that is grilled and all ready for summer! This is perfect for your summer get togethers and even your 4th of July party!
Safe Turkey Handling Tips
- One of the most important steps when cooking turkey is to make sure that you are handling it properly from start to finish! First off, DO NOT wash your turkey. This goes if you are cooking the whole bird or even just the turkey breasts in this recipe. It spreads bacteria all over your kitchen and is not safe.
- The next thing is cook your turkey to 165 degrees. It is best to use a meat thermometer, even when you are grilling smaller pieces of turkey, to ensure you get to the proper temperature.
- And finally, make sure you are washing your hands after touching the turkey, washing all the utensils, using clean plates when prepping and plating the final dish. Avoiding cross contamination is the key to making sure you are safe when handling raw protein.
This turkey tenderloin recipe is super easy to make and your family is going to love it. Turkey really absorbs the flavor of whatever you put in it, so this smoky barbecue rub gives the meat so much flavor! Plus top with your favorite barbecue sauce for the perfect summer dinner.
What is Turkey Tenderloin
People always wonder is Turkey Tenderloin the same as Turkey Breast? It is a piece of meat that is under the breast of the turkey. It is the boneless skinless piece part of the turkey breast. It is an underused part of the turkey, so it is a super tender piece of white meat. You will see them labeled different at the grocery store.
How Long To Cook Turkey Tenderloin
That really depends on how thick your pieces are. You want to make sure you use a meat thermometer to cook to 165 degrees. But on a high temperature grill it usually takes about 9-10 minutes per side.
How to Cook Turkey Tenderloin
- You can use the homemade rub in the recipe below or your favorite store bought rub. But generously coat the turkey with the seasoning. This is what gives it all the flavor.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Once the grill is hot, place the turkey on the grill.
- Cook for about 9-10 minutes per side. This varies depending on how thick the cut of meat is. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part, and when it reaches 165 degrees you are done.
- Brush on your favorite barbecue sauce during the last couple minutes of cooking time so it gets nice and golden and delicious.
- Serve with even more barbecue sauce on the side.
What Temp Should Turkey Tenderloin Be Cooked To?
You want to use a meat thermometer and have it reach 165 degrees F in the center of the tenderloin.
One of the things I really like about turkey, is how you can use it in just about any recipe. It is really interchangeable with other proteins. These Italian Turkey Cutlets were originally made with chicken, but are absolutely delicious with a turkey cutlet. So many possibilities!
It is time to re-think turkey! It is more than just ground turkey or the center piece at Thanksgiving. It is great with just about any type of recipe all year round. Head over to ServeTurkey.org to see even more cooking tips and recipe ideas.
More Great Grilling Recipes
- Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Classic Grilled Hamburgers
- Grilled Pork Chops
- Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds turkey tenderloin
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 Tbls granulated sugar
- 1 Tbls brown sugar
- 1 Tbls chili powder
- 1 Tbls kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder (optional)
- In a bowl mix together all of the ingredients for the rub.
- Generously sprinkle the rub all over the turkey and rub until it is well coated.
- Preheat grill to high heat
- Add turkey to the grill and cook for about 10 minutes per side until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- During the last couple minutes of cooking time brush both sides of turkey with barbecue sauce.
- Remove from the grill and slice to serve. Serve with additional barbecue sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 322Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 136mgSodium 697mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 52g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!