Grilled Chicken Drumsticks – add a ton of flavor to your chicken with this chili lime marinade. Chicken is grilled to perfection for a super easy dinner!
I love grilling weather. As soon as it gets even remotely nice outside, I want to grill all the things and have every dinner we make come from the grill. It really doesn’t matter what it is, it can be Grilled Flank Steak or your basic hot dogs, I just want to cook outside. We also eat a lot of chicken in this house, and I am pretty sure chicken drumsticks are my guys favorite. So they get grilled a lot!
This grilled chicken drumstick recipe is super simple to make, I just flavored with a little chili powder, lime juice and jalapenos for spice, but the method is the same regardless of what you use. You could just season with salt and pepper and brush with barbecue sauce at the end, it really doesn’t matter!
How Long To Grill Chicken Drumsticks
They are a thick cut of meat with the bone in the middle, and that always makes things take a little longer to cook. Over a medium high flame it takes about 25 minutes to fully cook chicken drumsticks. You want to cook for about 10 minutes per side, rotating to make sure that you get them fully cooked. You can insert a meat thermometer and when the temp reaches 165 degrees F you are done. Just make sure you don’t touch the bone with your thermometer or it will not be accurate.
How to Grill Chicken Drumsticks
- In a large plastic you can combine all the ingredients for the marinade, then just let it sit in the fridge for a few hours. You can do as short as 30 minutes, but if you want more flavor go for longer.
- Discard any marinade and place the chicken directly on a medium high grill. Cook for about 10 minutes and then turn.
- You will turn the drumsticks a few times, cook for about 25 minutes total. Once the chicken reaches 165 degrees F, they are cooked through and you can remove from the grill.
If you want to brush with barbecue sauce do so during the last 5 minutes of cooking. If you do it too early, the sugar in the sauce will just burn and ruin your chicken.
What to Serve with Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
These drumsticks are super easy to make and a dinner the whole family is going to love, and not complain that you are making chicken for dinner again. Plus clean up is done in seconds, which makes it a must make on my list. So mix up what you are grilling and pick up a pack of chicken at the store next time you go!
More Easy Grilling Recipes to Try
- Best Turkey Burgers
- Grilled Chicken with Peach Barbecue Sauce
- Grilled Turkey Tenderloin
- Pork Kebabs
- Chicken Skewers
- Grilled Sausage & Vegetable Kebabs
- Fiesta Lime Chicken
- Jerk Chicken
- 10-12 drumsticks
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice, plus zest of 2 limes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- In a large plastic bag combine lime juice, garlic, chili powder, honey, olive oil, cilantro and jalapeno. Add
drumsticks, and toss to coat.
- Marinate for 30 minutes – 4 hours.
- Heat grill to high. Add chicken and cook for 10-15 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Reduce the heat once the chicken is browned, so you can get it cooked through without burning.
Amount Per Serving Calories 600Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 347mgSodium 309mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 66g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!