Skinny Margaritas – a light and refreshing margarita that has fewer calories! It is made with fresh lime juice, fresh orange juice, plenty of tequila and a little agave for sweetness!
Margaritas are one of my all time favorite cocktails. A night with friends eating chips and salsa with a Classic Margarita is right up there with my perfect night. A margarita can be a little heavy and full of calories though, so sometimes you want to lighten it up. This Skinny Margarita is the perfect option. It has about half the calories, so you have zero guilt enjoying one. Or two.
What is a Skinny Margarita
It is made from fresh lime juice, fresh orange juice that takes the place of the triple sec that is traditionally used, tequila and then agave syrup for sweetener. It tastes very much like a traditional margarita, but has less calories and is a little more tart. Although, you can control the sweetness and add more agave if you like yours on the sweeter side!
The exact ratio of these ingredients is kind of up to you. You want to start with more lime juice than orange juice, since margaritas are mainly lime flavored. Then you add in the tequila and kind of taste test to get the perfect amount of agave. I start with just a little and adjust up to make sure I get it right and it isn’t overly sweet.
How to Make Skinny Margaritas
These could not be simpler to make!
- Mix together lime juice, orange juice, tequila and a little bit agave together in a shake or a pitcher.
- Once it is well blended pour over ice.
- Taste and adjust if you need more sweetener
Tips for Skinny Margaritas
- When making this skinny margarita recipe use freshly squeezed juice. It makes all the difference from an ok drink to a delicious and refreshing drink. It only takes a couple limes and 1 orange, so it isn’t that much work!
- Use tequila that is labeled 100% agave tequila white, silver or blanco. It is lighter in flavor and will lead to a tastier drink.
- Salting the rim is optional, but super easy if you want to! Run a wedge of lime around the rim of a class, and then dip the edge in salt so it sticks. Then fill with ice before adding the margarita.
- Mix up the flavor by adding a splash of fruit juice, or sliced jalapenos if you like it spicy! It is very easy to mix up and make different versions.
Whether you are celebrating Cinco de Mayo, taco Tuesday or just sitting on the deck on a hot summer day, this Skinny Margarita is perfect for sipping on. And because it has about half the calories of a traditional margarita you don’t even have to feel guilty.
More Margarita Recipes
- Blue Margaritas
- Pineapple Margaritas
- Pomegranate Margarita
- Blueberry Margaritas
- Cherry Limeade Margarita
- Beer Margarita
- Skinny Blackberry Margarita
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp tequila (white, silver or blanco)
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp agave
- In a shaker filled with ice combine all of the ingredients and shake well.
- Pour in a glass filled with ice.
If you want to salt the rim of the glass run a wedge of lime around the rim of a class, and then dip the edge in salt so it sticks. Then fill with ice before adding the margarita.
Amount Per ServingCalories 133Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 0gSugar 10gProtein 0g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!