You wouldn’t normally think of a martini when you think of Breast Cancer Awareness. But everyone needs to relax with a yummy drink every once in awhile. Check out that pretty pink color! Plus it uses grapefruit juice, which is actually really good for you. A lot of research shows that if you have cancer, grapefruit juice can help cancer drugs work more effectively.
I used Sparkling Ice Pink Grapefruit Juice for this drink. This October Sparkling Ice is donating $.01 per bottle of Pink Grapefruit Sparkling Ice sold, to help find a cure for Breast Cancer. The proceeds go directly back to the community where the product was sold. So go out, and stock up, so you can make this refreshing martini.
One of my good friends talked me into making this. She has been making it for about a year, and loves it. She first had it in Vegas, and has been talking about it since. So I just had to try it. I will admit I was nervous about putting basil in a drink. But it works. You just muddle it with the ice, but it imparts a great flavor. With the grapefruit juice, it is very refreshing. It would be great for summer, or just an excuse to have a fun drink!
- 3 basil leaves
- 2 oz vodka, (grapefruit vodka would be really good)
- 3 oz grapefruit juice, (I used Sparkling Ice)
- Basil for garnish
- Fill a martini shaker with ice.
- Put the basil leaves in the ice, and using the back of a wooden spoon, muddle the leaves.
- Add the vodka, and grapefruit juice. Shake.
- Pour into a martini glass.
- Garnish with additional basil if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 166Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 1g