This Dirty Shirley Cocktail is the grown up version of your childhood favorite! Turn the classic Shirley Temple into a cocktail that will be perfect for your next happy hour.
As a kid, it was always such a fun treat to have a Shirley Temple when you were out to dinner, and all the grown ups had their own drinks. Not only was it extra tasty, it just made you feel like you fit in and were a grown up. Even as an adult, I still love the flavor of the classic, but now I can turn it into a fun cocktail for happy hour or get togethers! Just add vodka.
What’s In a Dirty Shirley
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Sprite – or any other lemon/lime soda
- Maraschino Cherries
How To Make A Dirty Shirley
- Fill a glass with plenty of ice.
- Add in grenadine, a squeeze of lime, and vodka.
- Top with Sprite, and use a spoon to gently stir to combine.
- Garnish with cherries and a slice of lime to serve.
Recipe Tips & Variations
- The amounts in the recipe card below are for one glass. If you want to make more than one, just line up the glasses and fill each as you go.
- You don’t want to make a pitcher or make this ahead because it is a fizzy drink. Once you pour in the Sprite it will start to go flat, so only make it right before you want to drink it.
- Want the classic Shirley Temple? Just skip the vodka!
- Don’t have grenadine? You can use the juice from the Maraschino cherry jar. It is not the same, and will taste a little different, but it will work in a pinch.
What Vodka To Use
This is really a personal preference. I like to use either Tito’s or Grey Goose for vodka, as I think they have the cleanest and best taste. You don’t need to spend a lot, just one you like to drink. You could even go crazy and use flavored Vodka for this recipe. I have seen cherry flavored vodka that I bet would be delicious!
More Fun Drink Recipes
- Ranch Water Cocktail
- Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots
- Sonic Ocean Water
- Sparkling Fall Sangria
- Christmas Punch Recipe
- Cranberry Gin Cocktail
- Amaretto Sour Cocktail
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz grenadine
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 5 oz Sprite
- Maraschino cherries
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Add vodka, grenadine, and lime juice.
- Top with Sprite, and gently stir to combine.
- Garnish with cherries and slice of lime to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 272Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 24mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 0gSugar 29gProtein 0g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!