A summer must have drink is this Sonic Ocean Water. Super easy to make, refreshing, and you can make it in minutes instead of having to swing by your local fast-food restaurant.
Sonic is kind of known for their drink combinations. They have happy hour all summer long, where you can pick up all sorts of different combinations at a pretty good price. And if you haven’t been there before, there are so many different combos, you will never get bored! But I think I found the perfect one for summer in this Ocean Water. I mean, just look at the color, you know it is going to be good!
What Is Sonic Ocean Water
If you have never had it before it is a fizzy coconut infused lime drink that is super refreshing and perfect for summer. It is a light blue color, hence the ocean part of the name. The coconut and lime work really well together, and it the perfect sweetness.
What’s In Sonic Ocean Water
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Coconut Extract
- Sprite – or other lemon/lime soda
- Blue Food Coloring
- Sugar/Water – to make a simple syrup
And of course swedish fish for garnish are a fun must add!
How To Make Sonic Ocean Water
- Simple Syrup. The first thing to do is make your simple syrup. You can do this on the stove top, or because you need so little you can use my microwave shortcut. Mix together the water and sugar and microwave for 1 minute. Stir well until the sugar is dissolved. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Make Ocean Water. In a picture add the simple syrup, coconut extract, and a few drops of blue food coloring. Mix until that is combined. Pour in the Sprite and gently stir to combine.
- Serve. Pour over glasses full of ice and garnish with Swedish fish if desired.
Can I Make This Ahead
This is best served right when you make it. Because it contains a carbonated drink, it will start to loose the fizziness right away. So you don’t want to make this ahead. You can make the simple syrup days ahead of time and have it ready for you when you do want to make and serve this.
Technically it will keep in the fridge for a couple of days, it just will be flat and no longer fizzy.
This is one of those ingredients where a little goes a long way, but it is one you can not skip, or you will miss out on all the flavor. You can find coconut extract on Amazon or pretty much any grocery store where the vanilla is sold you will find it.
Mocktail or Cocktail
This is a fun mocktail or virgin drink you can serve to the kids and adults, but you can also add some rum or vodka if you wanted to make something just for the adults. You could skip the coconut extract and add Malibu or another coconut liqueur as well to make it a fun and easy cocktail.
More Fun Summer Drink Recipes
- Sparkling Berry Lemonade
- Peach Lemonade
- Watermelon Soda
- Pina Colada
- Watermelon Margarita
- Hawaiian Punch
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 liter Sprite
- Blue food coloring
- Swedish Fish, optional
- In a liquid measuring cup mix together sugar and water. Heat in microwave for 1 minute, sir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Chill
- In a pitcher add the simple syrup, coconut extract, and a few drops of blue food coloring. Mix until that is combined.
- Pour in the Sprite and gently stir to combine.
- Pour over glasses full of ice and garnish with Swedish fish if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 152Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 27mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 0gSugar 38gProtein 0g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!