Happy 4th of July!!! Hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends celebrating this wonderful country that we live in. I wanted to remind you of a bake sale I am doing to help raise money for the Colorado Wildfires. Please check it out, and help spread the word.
Today we are doing another Holiday Recipe Club to help celebrate. Our challenge this time was either blueberries, whipped cream, or barbeque sauce. I could think of many delicious things to make with all of the ingredients, it was really hard to narrow it down. Finally I decided on a drink. I have been kind of obsessed with different drinks this summer. There has been this, this, this, and this.
I made this a non-alcoholic drink, but you could easily add in some vodka and turn it into an adult version. It comes together in 5 minutes, so add it to your afternoon get together. I found these Ocean Spray Sparkling fruit drinks, and used that in place of blueberry juice. They were great on their own, but combining it with the lemon juice made it amazing! Even my 7 year old couldn’t stop drinking this lemonade.
I did make cute little star shaped ice cubes with blueberries frozen in them, but you can’t see them in the picture 🙁 Even if you don’t have star shapes, it is a fun and pretty way to add blueberries to the drink.
Happy 4th of July!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can Ocean Spray Sparkling Blueberry Pomegranate
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
- 3 cups Seltzer Water (I used Segrams Blackberry Raspberry flavor)
- Fresh Blueberries
- In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, combine the water and the sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Let simmer for about 10 minutes, until it thickens slightly. Pour in a cup, and let chill.
- Once the sugar has chilled in a pitcher combine the lemon juice, seltzer water, and the blueberry juice. Add in the simple syrup to taste. You will use most of it, but if you like it tart, start with less. Serve over ice, with fresh blueberries for garnish.
Adapted from Eat, Live, Run