Vodka Lemonade – an easy drink recipe for a super simple summer cocktail. It is so easy to make and such a refreshing drink you will be making over and over again!
One of my favorite drinks to enjoy on repeat all summer long is Fresh Squeezed Lemonade. It is just the perfect balanace of sweet and tart, plus it is super refreshing on a hot day. So why not dress it up and get it party ready by turning it into a grown up cocktail!
Vodka and lemonade is a classic cocktail that has been around for years. It is great when you are grilling and hanging out on the back porch, or even enjoying with friends on the weekend. And the best part of this is you can make it with homemade lemonade or you can use your favorite store bought. Or you can even use a powdered mix. So this is super simple and ready in just minutes.
I love this vodka lemonade recipe for how simple and easy it is. Years ago I made a Blue Vodka Lemonade that used blue raspberry flavored vodka. That is the fun thing about this, you really can make it your own and flavor it how you want. My Raspberry Lemonade would be a great base for this if you like it a little sweeter and fruitier! If you like pink lemonade, use that.
The big question is the vodka lemonade ratio? I like a 3 to 1 ratio. So if you are making just one glass, I would use 6 oz lemonade to 2 oz vodka. If you are making it for a party that would be 6 cups lemonade to 2 cups vodka. The nice thing is you can play with it to see what you like. If you like it stronger, add more vodka!
You can definitely make vodka lemonade ahead of time for a party and just have it in the fridge waiting for your guests. I like to serve in a pitcher and pour over glasses filled with ice. You can garnish with mint leaves if you want to make it pretty, or serve with a slice of lemon. If I have extra lemon slices I will leave them in the pitcher so you get even more lemon flavor.
How to Make Vodka Lemonade
- If you are making homemade lemonade, make your simple syrup by simmering sugar and water together until it forms a thick syrup. You then need to chill the mixture before you made your lemonade. So you can do this a couple days ahead of time, or even just make a big batch and store it in the fridge for a couple of weeks and use as you want.
- Combine fresh squeezed lemon juice, simple syrup, and water together. How much water you use it up to you for how sweet or tart you like your lemonade. I start with 4 cups and then taste to adjust if I need to add more or not.
- Add vodka once the lemonade is done and serve over ice.
- If you are using a premade lemonade simply combine lemonade and vodka together and serve over ice.
So if you are looking for a delicious and refreshing drink to enjoy tonight or just something easy to serve at your next get together, this Vodka Lemonade recipe is a classic for a reason!
More Summer Drink Recipes
- Long Island Iced Tea
- Sex on the Beach Drink
- Cherry Limeade Moscow Mule
- Mai Tai
- Jamaican Rum Punch
- Vodka Soda
- Pineapple Margarita
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
- Classic Mojito
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4-6 cups cold water
- 2 cups vodka
- 6 oz lemonade
- 2 oz vodka
- In a small sauce pan bring 1 cup of water to a simmer. Stir in sugar, and remove from heat. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Combine lemon juice and cold syrup mixture in a large pitcher. Add 4-6 cups of water depending on how sweet or tart you want it. Start with 4 and taste to adjust.
- Add vodka and stir to combine.
- Serve over ice.
I like a ratio of 3 parts lemonade to 1 part vodka. You can start there and adjust for how much you want to make.
You can use your favorite store bought lemonade as well. Simply mix vodka with lemonade and serve.
Amount Per ServingCalories 278Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 41mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 0gSugar 26gProtein 0g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!