Mai Tai Drink – get all the taste of the tropics with this fruity and refreshing cocktail!
This post is sponsored by Princess Cruises. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
When I think of sitting on the beach or by the pool on a tropical vacation there are a few drinks I think of. Frozen Strawberry Margaritas are one of them and a Mai Tai drink is another. There is just something about a fruity cocktail that screams vacation, warm weather, and the tropics.
Recently when I was on a Caribbean Cruise I actually had my first Mai Tai ever! We actually had a Mai Tai sorbet as a pallet cleanser during the chefs dinner one night. It was cool, fruity, and so tasty I new I had to try the real cocktail!
The Caribbean Princess ship that we were on is a Medallion Class ship. That means not only do you have the absolute best and fast internet at sea, you also have all sorts of great apps that you can use to play games, find your way around the ship, and even order food and drinks to be delivered to you! So I used the app to order Mai Tai drinks to our room while we were getting ready for dinner one night.
What is in a Mai Tai
- Pineapple juice
- Orange juice
- Triple sec or other orange liqueur
- White rum
- Dark rum
- Simple Syrup
- Grenadine or maraschino cherry juice
The list might seem a little long for a cocktail, but trust me it is worth it! The two kinds of rum give it great flavor and keep it from not being too see. The pineapple and orange juice make it tropical and refreshing. And it is just the perfect drink to take you back to your vacation.
How to Make a Mai Tai
You want your drink to be nice and cold, so this is where a martini shaker comes in really handy.
- Fill a shaker with lots of ice. Pour in all of the ingredients.
- Make sure the lid is on securely and shake! You want to shake for about 30 seconds. If you have a metal shaker, you want the outside to get cold and frosting.
- Pour over a glass filled with ice and then add a splash of grenadine. The grenadine will sink to the bottom and give it that pretty pink color.
- Garnish with orange slices, a cherry or even a pineapple wedge if you have one.
I am so excited I don’t have to wait until I cruise the Caribbean again to enjoy this drink. This Mai Tai drink will be on repeat all summer long!
Feel like you are on vacation in your own living room with this refreshing and easy mai tai drink recipe. If you don’t have a martini shaker, just mix everything together in a glass. As long as it is cold and mixed together, that is all that you need!
More Refreshing Drink Recipes To Try
- Sex on the Beach Cocktail
- Long Island Iced Tea
- French Martini
- Vodka Gimlet
- Jamaican Rum Punch
- Pineapple Margarita
- French 75
- Cosmopolitan Drink
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 oz dark rum
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1 oz simple syrup
- Splash Grenadine (can use maraschino cherry juice)
- Fill a martini shaker with ice. Add pineapple juice, orange juice, dark rum, white rum, triple sec and simple syrupr.
- Shake well until very cold
- Pour over ice. Add a splash of grenadine at the end.
- Garnish with orange slices, cherries or a pineapple wedge.
Amount Per Serving Calories 330Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 7mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 0gSugar 30gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!