Watermelon Margaritas – Use fresh summer watermelon to make these fruit and delicious margaritas! Great for entertaining or just because. Recipe for both frozen and on the rocks included!
There are a few things that come to mind when I think of summer. And fresh juicy watermelon ranks right up at the top! There is just something about a piece of sweet and delicious watermelon on a hot summer day. It can be hard to finish a giant watermelon before it goes bad though, so cocktails to the rescue!
If you have visited here before you know that I love a good Margarita Recipe. There are quite a few different varieties on the site already, but this one is the ultimate summer version. Sweet and juicy watermelon gets blended together with tequila, triple sec and lime juice for a simple but delicious drink.
Now the question is do you like your margaritas frozen or on the rocks? It depends on the day for me, but for these I am all about the frozen kind! But the recipe is the exact same whether you want it frozen or fresh. The difference is for a fresh watermelon margarita you don’t freeze the chunks of watermelon. You just blend and pour over ice. For a frozen watermelon margarita you freeze the watermelon cubes and then blend until slushie. So easy, same amount of ingredients, it is just to freeze or not to freeze.
Watermelon Margarita Ingredients
- Triple Sec
- Lime Juice
You will notice there isn’t a sweetener listed in the ingredients. This is because if you have a good fresh watermelon it isn’t necessary. But if your watermelon isn’t quite sweet enough you can definitely add some simple syrup, sugar or agave when you are making them.
How To Make Watermelon Margarita
- Start with a sweet seedless watermelon. You want about 4-5 cups of watermelon that you cut into cubes. If you want frozen margaritas place the watermelon on a baking tray and freeze for about an hour until they are solid. If you want your drink on the rocks, then skip the freezing move on right away.
- Place watermelon, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice into a blender and process until smooth. Here you can taste and add simple syrup or sugar if you want it sweeter.
- Immediately pour into glasses.
- You can garnish with a lime wedge or a small slice of watermelon to serve.
This fresh watermelon margarita is the perfect summer cocktail. And it is so easy to make! So whether you are having a get together with friends, it is taco night, or you just have a watermelon in the fridge, this is a must try recipe this summer!
More Fun Drink Recipes
- Vodka Lemonade
- Jamaican Rum Punch
- Tom Collins
- Vodka Gimlet
- White Sangria
- Pomegranate Gin & Tonic
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
- 4-5 cups cubed watermelon
- 2/3 cup white or silver tequila
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- If you are making frozen margaritas place the cubed watermelon on a baking sheet and freezer for about an hour util they are frozen solid. Then proceed with the recipe.
- Add all of the ingredients to the a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses (either over ice for on the rocks, or just in a glass if frozen)
- Garnish with a lime wedge to serve.
If your watermelon is not super sweet you can add simple syrup, agave or sugar to the blender to taste.
Amount Per Serving Calories 294Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 7mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 3gSugar 41gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!