White Sangria Recipe – An easy white wine sangria that is crisp, refreshing, and delicious. Great for entertaining or just because!
A classic cocktail is a must for entertaining. I love having the ingredients to make a vodka cranberry on hand for a party. Or something else that is simple. A vodka soda that you make with La Croix for a little extra flavor, is always a hit.
But sometimes you want to go all out. You want more than just a simple drink. Enter sangria! This easy sangria recipe is a great red wine version. And today I am here with a white wine sangria. Sangria is always cool, delicious and refreshing!
White sangria is fresh and fruity. You can use whatever citrus you want, but I went with oranges, lemons and lime. I also added in a few strawberries for color and because I love them. A great refreshing combination!
The nice thing about sangria is you can mix up the fruit with whatever you have on hand or whatever is in season. Raspberries, pineapple, blueberries, even watermelon would all be delicious. They soak up the flavor of the drink and are a great to eat once you finish the drink.
What is Sangria?
Sangria has a Spanish origin. It is served like a punch. It is usually made with red wine and chopped fruits. Often it has an added alcohol like brandy or maybe orange juice. But there is nothing wrong making a white sangria with a great bottle of white wine.
I think it all depends on what you are serving it with, and what kind of mood you are in! I am traditionally a red wine drinker all the way. But this white wine sangria is so refreshing and great on a hot summer day, or when serving something light like Chicken Skewers for dinner.
How to Make Sangria
Making sangria is very easy. You just have to chop the fruits and mix in the wine and other alcohol. You do want to make it early in the day so the fruits and all the flavors can blend together. You don’t it to just be wine with fruit floating in it. You want it to be something special! Make sure to add the fizzy part at the end, or it defeats the purpose.
- Pick your favorite bottle of white wine. I used a pinot grigo for this one. A Chardonnay would be delicious as well. Just something you like drinking.
- Slice and chop up the fruit you are going to use. Orange, lemon and limes work great. I like to throw in a few berries for color as well.
- Pick the alcohol you are going to use. With red sangria brandy is popular. For a white I like to use triple sec or vodka depending on the version.
- Mix everything together and let it sit for a few hours. The fruit soaks up all the flavor and is great to snack on.
- Right before serving add in your fizz! Sprite is great to up the citrus flavor but sparkling water works as well.
Sangria doesn’t just have to be for summer. You can do a Winter Sangria that uses some of the fruits that are in season during the holidays. It is great for your get togethers. Or you can use a Rose wine and berries for a Berry Rose Sangria that is pretty and delicious.
Sangria is great served anytime of year. You can always find citrus in season, so I love this white sangria all year round. So the next time you are having a get together – break out of your bottle of wine and case of beer. Make this white wine sangria instead!
This Tropical Bay Breeze Cocktail looks so easy to make and great for a get together. I am all about breaking out of the glass of wine as my go to drink!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 750 ml (1 bottle) white wine, I used pinot grigio
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1 whole orange, thinly sliced
- 1 whole lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 whole lime, thinly sliced
- 10 strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 litre sprite or ginger ale
- In a large pitcher mix together white wine, triple sec, orange slices, lemon slices, lime slices, and strawberries. Set in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Pour in sprite or ginger ale, stirring to combine.
- Pour over ice to serve.
Amount Per ServingCalories 303 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 26mg Carbohydrates 37g Fiber 2g Sugar 30g Protein 1g