White Sangria Recipe – An easy white wine sangria that is crisp, refreshing, and delicious. Great for entertaining or just because!
A classic cocktail is a must for entertaining. I love having the ingredients to make a vodka cranberry on hand for a party. But sometimes you want to go all out. You want more than just a simple drink. Enter this super simple white sangria!
White sangria is fresh and fruity. It pairs well with just about any citrus fruit and even berries.
What Kind of Fruit Do you Use?
The nice thing about sangria is you can mix up the fruit with whatever you have on hand or whatever is in season. Use your favorites! Raspberries, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, even watermelon would all be delicious. They soak up the flavor of the drink and are a great to eat once you finish the drink. Lemon and lime always work well, but you can use oranges or grapefruit as well.
What is Sangria?
Sangria has a Spanish origin. It is served like a punch. It is usually made with red wine and chopped fruits. Often it has an added alcohol like brandy or maybe orange juice. But there is nothing wrong making a white sangria with a great bottle of white wine.
I think it all depends on what you are serving it with, and what kind of mood you are in! I am traditionally a red wine drinker all the way. But this white wine sangria is so refreshing and great on a hot summer day, or when serving something light like Chicken Skewers for dinner.
How to Make White Sangria
Making sangria is very easy. You just have to chop the fruits and mix in the wine and other alcohol. You do want to make it early in the day so the fruits and all the flavors can blend together. You don’t it to just be wine with fruit floating in it. You want it to be something special! Make sure to add the fizzy part at the end, or it defeats the purpose.
- Pick your favorite bottle of white wine. I used a pinot grigo for this one. A Chardonnay would be delicious as well. Just something you like drinking.
- Slice and chop up the fruit you are going to use. Orange, lemon and limes work great. I like to throw in a few berries for color as well.
- Pick the alcohol you are going to use. With red sangria brandy is popular. For a white I like to use triple sec or vodka depending on the version.
- Mix everything together and let it sit for a few hours. The fruit soaks up all the flavor and is great to snack on.
- Right before serving add in your fizz! Sprite is great to up the citrus flavor but sparkling water works as well.
Sangria doesn’t just have to be for summer. You can do a Christmas Sangria that uses some of the fruits that are in season during the holidays. It is great for your get togethers. Or you can use a Rose wine and berries for a Berry Rose Sangria that is pretty and delicious.
Sangria is great served anytime of year. You can always find citrus in season, so I love this white sangria all year round. So the next time you are having a get together – break out of your bottle of wine and case of beer. Make this white wine sangria instead!
Best White Wine to Make Sangria
You want to use a dry white wine when making sangria. You are adding enough fruit you don’t want something too sweet.
- Pinot Grigio
- Sauvignon Blanc
You don’t have to spend a lot of money on whatever you pick. You are adding lots of other flavors, so under $10 is plenty for something like this. Just make sure it is something that you would drink on its own.
Can You Make Sangria in Advance
Yes! Sangria is actually best if it sits for about 4 hours. So you can make it and let is sit for up to about 8 hours. Just add the ginger ale or sprite right before serving.
You will notice that I top my sangria off with a little lemon lime soda to make it fizzy. You could use club soda for this or if you want it to pack a little more of a punch, top with prosecco!
Other Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love!
- 750 ml (1 bottle) white wine, I used pinot grigio
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1 whole orange, thinly sliced
- 1 whole lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 whole lime, thinly sliced
- 10 strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 litre sprite or ginger ale
- In a large pitcher mix together white wine, triple sec, orange slices, lemon slices, lime slices, and strawberries. Set in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Pour in sprite or ginger ale, stirring to combine.
- Pour over ice to serve.
Amount Per ServingCalories 303Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 26mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 2gSugar 30gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!