Best Turkey Burger Recipe – make your turkey burgers super juicy and tender with this foolproof recipe. Perfect for grilling season or even in the middle of winter.
Let’s talk burgers. My family loves a good burger. If there is a small burger place in a town we are visiting, chances are we will try it. There is just something about a juicy burger and of course french fries that is just so good!
At home we make burgers all the time during the summer, but it isn’t only using beef. I mean the 2am Breakfast Burger is an over the top amazing version, but you can use just about anything. Have Italian sausage in your freezer? The Pepperoni Pizza Burger is kind of epic. One thing my son always requests is turkey burgers.
Ground turkey is low in fat, so turkey burgers have a reputation of being dry and boring. Well these change that completely! This turkey burger recipe is my favorite, but you can mix up the flavors however you want. Chili Lime Turkey Burgers are another favorite in the summer. It even works really well with beef or chicken, so use whatever meat you have on hand.
I always have ground turkey on hand all year for easy dinners. I always use it for taco meat and these Turkey Meatballs are over the top amazing too!
How to Make Turkey Burgers
- Start with good meat. Just like ground beef, you can buy 99% lean down to 85% lean. I go with the 90% version. Usually I am using ground turkey to eat better, but you don’t want to go all the way to 99%, because that is really hard to keep nice and juicy.
- Use onion. Grating onion into the meat keeps it super juicy. Onions contain a lot of moisture, so if you grate it into the burger, you get that moisture throughout your entire burger. And trust me, if you have people who don’t like onion, they won’t be able to tell by doing it this way.
- Fire up the grill. Grilled turkey burgers are the best – they get the flavor from the grill without getting dried out. I also throw these under the broiler or cook them in a skillet in the middle of winter, but the grill is ideal option.
- Make your patties ahead of time. Ground turkey can be sticky and a little hard to work with. I like to form the patties, and then let them sit in the fridge for at least an hour before putting them on the grill. This just firms them up and makes them easier to handle. So you can form the patties the day before, in the morning, or whatever works! You can even put them in the freezer to pull out another day.
Another question people always have is how long to cook turkey burgers. It varies slightly on how big you make your patties. 1/4 pound burgers will cook slightly faster than 1/3 pound burgers. But as a general rule I cook for 6 minutes a side. At this point the juices run clear, and you are good to go! You do not want under cooked turkey, so you can use a meat thermometer to cook to 165 degrees.
Of course burgers are best with cheese, even turkey burgers! So load it up, cover the grill for 1 minute to let it melt, and then bring them inside. Top with whatever toppings you desire – I am a ketchup, avocado, tomato, and sliced onion girl. But you can add mayo, jalapenos, mustard, pickles…you name it!
In the summer Mediterranean Pasta Salad is pretty much the perfect side dish. No heating up your house, a delicious and fresh meal everyone will love!
More Great Burger Recipes
- Spicy Bacon Cheeseburger
- Buffalo Chicken Burger
- Greek Turkey Burger
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Jalapeno Bacon Burgers
- Chicken Taco Burgers
- Char Siu Pork Burgers
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- In alarge bowl mix together all of the ingredients until well blended. .
- Form into 8 equal sized patties.
- Place on a baking sheet or plate, and set in the fridge for 1-24 hours.
- Heat grill to high heat. Place burgers on the grill, and grill for 6 minutes aside, or until juices run clear and internal temp is 165 degrees.
- If desired, top with cheese and close grill for 1 minute to melt. Serve on hamburger buns with desired toppings.
Amount Per ServingCalories 308Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 120mgSodium 450mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 29g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!