Buffalo Chicken Burger – use ground chicken to make great burgers that give you all the flavors of your favorite buffalo chicken!
As soon as the weather gets warmer, I am all about grilling everything! It can be chicken, like these Chicken Skewers or even just hot dogs or a quick dinner. Not having to heat up the house is necessary all summer long.
Making fun burgers like this Breakfast 2AM burger make dinner time exciting. You can take whatever your favorite flavors are and turn it into a burger. Do you love pizza? Then make this Pepperoni Pizza Burger. Seriously, you can mix it up a million different ways to whatever kind of meal you want.
I have been making ground chicken burgers for years. I used to have to grind my own chicken using my food processor, because ground chicken wasn’t available in most grocery stores. But now, I can just pick up a pound of ground chicken and just add whatever spices and seasonings that I want. I am kind of a huge buffalo chicken fan, so making a chicken burger with those flavors was something I have been meaning to try.
This buffalo chicken burger recipe is super easy to make. You can form the hamburger patties ahead of time and just have them ready and waiting when you are ready to figure up the grill. I like to make the patties the night before when I am cooking dinner, so the night I cook them all I have to do is spend the 15 minutes on the grill and that is it.
Chicken Burger Tips
- Grate onion into the meat. Trust me, even if you don’t like onions, you won’t taste them. You just need to make sure your meat stays nice and juicy!
- Chicken is easy to over cook, so the onions will help make sure that even if it is cooked a little longer than you want, it will still taste great!
- Use breadcrumbs. I never use breadcrumbs when making a ground beef hamburger. But ground chicken is different. The breadcrumbs will help it stay together and not fall apart when cooking.
- Do not use eggs. I see a lot of burgers that call for an egg in the recipe. But with ground chicken that just makes thing too wet and gives it the wrong texture. So skip it!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Burgers
All of the ingredients come together in a large bowl. I like to use my hands to mix everything together to make sure it is evenly mixed and not over worked. You don’t want your burgers to be tough. When cooking chicken you need to make sure it is cooked all the way through, with chicken burgers that is about 6 minutes per side. Then you top with cheese and let it get all melty and delicious!
What is always served with buffalo chicken? Ranch or blue cheese dressing, right? To bring it all together we are topping these chicken burgers with a ranch coleslaw that will cool things down and give it that added texture that you want in a burger. A Buffalo Chicken Wrap is definitely high up on the list of favorites as well.
So when you are planning your week make sure to added these burgers to your menu! These Baked Beans are the perfect side dish for all your grilling needs.
More Great Grilling Recipes To Try
- Best Turkey Burger
- Smoked Tri Tip
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Spicy Bacon Cheeseburger
- Chili Lime Turkey Burger
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog
- Grilled Turkey Tenderloin
- Grilled Sausage & Vegetable Kebabs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup prepared ranch dressing
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl mix together ground chicken, buffalo sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and breadcrumbs until well combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Form into 4 equal size portions and shape into patties. Store in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Meanwhile, prepare the coleslaw. Mix together coleslaw mix and ranch dressing until well coated. Add additional ranch if you want it extra creamy. Store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Add chicken patties to the grill and cook for 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Top each patty with a slice of cheese and heat until melted.
- Remove from the grill and place on a bun topped with coleslaw to serve. Serve with additional buffalo sauce on the side.
Amount Per ServingCalories 727Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 162mgSodium 1299mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 3gSugar 15gProtein 40g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!